Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried out one of the new 24 round OEM Glock 9mm magazines?

Has anyone tried out one of the new 24 round OEM Glock 9mm magazines?

I have a lot of OEM Glock mags, and they are generally reliable and trouble free in all of my pistols, including a single 33rd OEM mag I have. I have been eyeballing the new 24 round ones, but have not read or heard much about if they have been reliable for folks that have tried them.

As for "why"... well, because. I've got a couple of the 21rd Magpul mags (which are a very handy size), and the 24's would fill the same niche (truck console).

Anyone have any first hand experience?

I bought one a couple months ago. It's too long to carry in a handgun, and IMO too long to carry concealed. It would be a good magazine for gun games (like USPSA PCC) as a reload where a 31 round magazine with an extension might be more awkward.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Too bad Ruger hasn't gotten the PCC working right, from reports.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Picked one up from Brownell's for the AR rifle, it works. didn't really care for it with my G17, no issues just didn't like the length. Will post a pick later this week after next trip to the range. AR9 has been giving me some doubles then this last trip it ripped of a four round burst before two spent case wedged together. Happens this trip i will start with a replacement buffer spring.

Site Supporter
    I have a couple - using them as range mags right now. They are awkward for carry in the gun but good for spares or in car spares for work.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Too bad Ruger hasn't gotten the PCC working right, from reports.
    There's plenty of PCC's that use Glock mags, which aren't the Ruger PC Carbine.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 10-30-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have a couple - using them as range mags right now. They are awkward for carry in the gun but good for spares or in car spares for work.
    I have multiple spare loaded magazines in my vehicle and keep a 33 round magazine full of 124+P HST in the drivers side door which is easy to reach when seated.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I have multiple spare loaded magazines in my vehicle and keep a 33 round magazine full of 124+P HST in the drivers side door which is easy to reach when seated.
    This. Dagga Boy taught me that, along with carrying a couple of extra J-frame speedloaders in the console.

I have experience with both the 33 and 24 round GLOCK mags. No issues running them in G17, 19, 26, 34, 19X and now a G45-all factory ammo. I keep 33 rounders in car usually, and especially on a road trip. The 24 rounders can be casually concealed, but are heavy; I’ve gone back to a 19 round mag usually for carry. I should note I usually download by one round-call it mechanical sympathy, but ran the 24 rounders w/24. I think they use the 33 round spring, so it’s a bit of a chore to load. I had several, gave a couple to local uniform LE, who wear w/ duty gear- no issues reported. I do
    appreciate the orange folowers in larger mags.
    I would not hesitate to use them.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know the Glock 24rd magazine's length compared to the Magpul 21rd magazines?
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List