Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone tried out one of the new 24 round OEM Glock 9mm magazines?

I have 8 of the 24-round factory Glock 9mm magazines. I carry them on my duty belt. 5 are training magazines I have well over two thousand rounds (115 and 147) through my 34.5, 19.5 and 45 using these magazines. I always load them to 23 rounds. I have never had any malfunctions.

I am hoping these get more popular so at @Tony Mayer adds a AIWB-SPMP fit for this magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This. Dagga Boy taught me that, along with carrying a couple of extra J-frame speedloaders in the console.
    I think its a good idea to have extra (lots!) spare ammo for your guns. More so if you are LE (I'm not), but I think it applies to anyone and everyone. More ammo is never a bad thing. I think Mas has talked about carrying a "big stick" before too...

Quote Originally Posted by John10-19 View Post
    I have 8 of the 24-round factory Glock 9mm magazines. I carry them on my duty belt. 5 are training magazines I have well over two thousand rounds (115 and 147) through my 34.5, 19.5 and 45 using these magazines. I always load them to 23 rounds. I have never had any malfunctions.

I am hoping these get more popular so at @Tony Mayer adds a AIWB-SPMP fit for this magazine.
    This is what I was hoping to hear (along with all the other great feedback from everyone else above). Thanks everyone for your input!

As for the size of the 24 vs the Magpul 21's.... I know the OEM 24 is quite a bit larger. Maybe as much as 3/4-1", judging by photos. The Magpul 21's are in a sweet spot, size wise, for something like nightstand duty, but I am leery of trusting non-OEM mags for carry/defense use. I have two of the Magpul 21's and have not had any issues with them with a few hundred rounds through them at the range. I usually keep them loaded to 20 rounds, but they have worked fine fully loaded as well. I don't use steel case 9x19 anymore, but I know some have had issues with it in the Magpul and ETS mags.

One of these days I plan on building a Glock Mag AR-9 "pistol"... so that is another reason for my interest in extended capacity Glock mags.

Guys, we have these available in the custom side, will have them available in the Quick Ship side within a week, as well as some Glock 19 and 17 with TLR7's !
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I think a more space efficient option is an OEM 17 with a Taran 140mm extension, giving you 22+1 of 9mm. Much smaller than a 24, and keeps you with an OEM tube. Absolutely reliable in my experience over multiple years with multiple Glocks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Does anyone know the Glock 24rd magazine's length compared to the Magpul 21rd magazines?

The 24 rounder is just under 170mm in length, not sure about the Magpul
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

The 24 rounders I have are the only ones that aren't drop free in any of my Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    140mm, and the GL27 is 170mm.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-31-2018 at 04:14 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The Magpul fits the USPSA 140 mm requirement, which is really 141.25. I’m goint to order a couple soon, now that my Carry Optics G34 side has returned.

A bit of a necro-post here.

I finally got around to buying one of these OEM 24 round mags, and so far, it is turning out to be reliable. No big surprise. I really like the orange follower. I will probably pick up a couple more.

On another added note, I have had a couple of nose dive failure to feed malfunctions with flat nosed 147gr ammo in the Magpul 21rd magazines in my Gen4 19. Enough that I don't feel comfortable relying on them as a go-to magazine. Still a handy size for non-critical uses.

Can anybody else fit 25 rounds in their 24 rounders? I picked up 3 and all of them fit 25 easily and still seat on a closed. They also all rattle like crazy with only 24 loaded.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

User Tag List