Thread: "AAR" Modern Samurai Project

"AAR" Modern Samurai Project

First off, I suck at AAR's. But I do recognize good training when I get it.

I had the opportunity to do a private class with Scott (Jedi) Jedlinski, @AsianJedi, Modern Samurai Project last weekend. I had taken Scott's 2 day RDS class about a year ago. The focus of this class was not just RDS related. It included points on shooting from concealment from AIWB and physical as well as mental areas for improvement. He changed some things for me completely and rounded off some edges for others.

Scott's observation and diagnostic skills discovered multiple areas in my shooting that needs more work which gives me a plenty of homework to do in dry practice and live fire. Some of the changes I need to make will take time, as they have been engrained over a long period. A few of the things he pointed out were things I wasn't even aware I was doing or in some cases wasn't doing. The private class as you might imagine gives you a high saturation level of information and the opportunity to ask more questions or even get help with a particular issue you may have.

Scott has a no-nonsense delivery of the information and the use of analogies makes it make sense. Whether you get into a 1 day, 2 day or a private class you will come away a better shooter. I recommend that you work one of his classes into your training schedule.

At the end of the class Scott did a skills assessment and I set a personal best on the 3 and 2 drill at 2.00 from concealment. Needless to say I was very pleased.

Thanks Scott.
    David
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 10-30-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    First off, I suck at AAR's. But I do recognize good training when I get it.

I had the opportunity to do a private class with Scott (Jedi) Jedlinski, @AsianJedi, Modern Samurai Project last weekend. I had taken Scott's 2 day RDS class about a year ago. The focus of this class was not just RDS related. It included points on shooting from concealment from AIWB and physical as well as mental areas for improvement. He changed some things for me completely and rounded off some edges for others.

Scott's observation and diagnostic skills discovered multiple areas in my shooting that needs more work which gives me a plenty of homework to do in dry practice and live fire. Some of the changes I need to make will take time, as they have been engrained over a long period. A few of the things he pointed out were things I wasn't even aware I was doing or in some cases wasn't doing. The private class as you might imagine gives you a high saturation level of information and the opportunity to ask more questions or even get help with a particular issue you may have.

Scott has a no-nonsense delivery of the information and the use of analogies makes it make sense. Whether you get into a 1 day, 2 day or a private class you will come away a better shooter. I recommend that you work one of his classes into your training schedule.

At the end of the class Scott did a skills assessment and I set a personal best on the 3 and 2 drill at 2.00 from concealment. Needless to say I was very pleased.

Thanks Scott.
    David
    Thanks for the kind words my friend! Your dedication to getting better is inspiring!
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

User Tag List