Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to John Hearne and Randy Harris!

Name:  123_1.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  55.2 KB

The guilty parties....... Randy, Gabe and John

How did we let him in that picture without the green vest!!
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

That green vest got packed away never to be seen again the moment he fired his last shot.....

I took Gabe's class for the second time, after I had been working the 'Gabe White Standards' quite a bit in the last 2 months with a new CZ P-07; an experiment to see if I would be better off with a DA/SA gun resembling my familiar USPSA Production Stock 3 DA/SA gun as opposed to my G19-3 standard carry gun.

For me, though, the class was bittersweet. Very recently (last 6-8 weeks) I 'leveled up', improving my level of skill to the point where I could shoot Turbo Pin results on all the drills, but not on cold runs or with the consistency I desire. Some last-minute slots opened up for the TN class and I jumped on it, with a goal of earning a Turbo Pin. Alas, I could only deliver 3 Turbo Pin runs out of 8 attempts, with the other 5 attempts being Light Pin runs, some within a gnat's ass of a Turbo Pin run.

As a reference point, in the last class (March in GA?) I delivered 7 Light Pin runs and 1 Dark Pin run.

So, I'm a little sore at myself because my goal was within my reach but I let it slip from my grasp in the moment of truth. I'll have to be satisfied with a second Light Pin.

As a broad statement, the participants as a whole kicked butt in terms of skill - I was impressed time and time again with the skills and consistency that was demonstrated. I met a bunch of new people from many walks of life, got to hang a little with Miller_Man, Sherman, Annette, John, Randy and others, and enjoyed our social as well as the working time.

Kudos to John Hearne and Randy Harris!!!
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 11-01-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

One other thing - props to Gabe for making his messaging even more clear this time than last - continuous improvement is a thing.

I think I FINALLY understand the value proposition of his dry fire techniques as differentiated from others (Stoeger, Anderson) and feel that they have a unique value proposition that is well worth integrating into your dry fire practice regimen. I experienced near-immediate results on transitions from disciplined application in class.

Also, I tend to get wrapped up in the competition world and thought process, and Gabe is really good at yanking me back to more real-world tactics and applications. Not to mention that he helps get me in touch with my inner snow leopard.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

It was great training with you again GuanoLoco! Your skills improvement was quite evident and I was disappointed along with you that you came away with the strongest score you can have without getting the Turbo Pin. BUT - I was already impressed with you last time and you've gotten a lot better since, so there is also a lot to be happy about. I'm glad the dry practice techniques seemed to be working for you and I know you're no stranger to dry practice. Your discipline and consistency have always impressed me the most. Looking forward to next time!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Where is Tiffany Johnson????....she was taking pictures of that vest all weekend.

Being a lot closer to the bottom than the top of the class I think I will give this dry fire thing a try. Might even follow the directions when the book I ordered shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    .... I think I will give this dry fire thing a try.
    Just wait until you read my review....

Oh and I KNOW there will be pictures of the vest that surface eventually....just gotta be patient. I just hope there's one from when he unwittingly had it on inside out.....

The fact the vest was stiff enough to stand it up and use as a stool to sit on and rest between relays was really nice. OK maybe it was not THAT stiff but it was close.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Where is Tiffany Johnson????....she was taking pictures of that vest all weekend.

Being a lot closer to the bottom than the top of the class I think I will give this dry fire thing a try. Might even follow the directions when the book I ordered shows up.
    My former friend Tiffany may have included a picture of the vest in the November Range Master Newsletter.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

User Tag List