Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: New to forum and USPSA, so a question

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I sent my 686 out and had it cut for moonclips. Then I bought 50 Hearthco clips a $5.50 apiece. I also was working on a nice 5" 625 and as soon as I got it setup, USPSA changed the rules to allow 8 shots in minor PF. Don't shoot revo anymore because of that, but shoot what you need to have fun. I still miss shooting the round guns in USPSA sometimes, there's a lot of satisfaction in a stage where you can make a tight shot and save a reload.

    Revo in IDPA makes more sense but there are so many goofy rules. Or at least there were, it's been several years since I shot a IDPA match. If I had one closer I'd still shoot them, but it's hard to drive 2+ hours to shoot 100 or so rounds.
    I just want to have some fun. I may come in last, but I値l be top revolver! (LOL).
    I have been told that IDPA would probably be more what I知 used to shooting as a cop, but closest range that shoots it is well over an hour away. My local USPSA range is 10 minutes, so if my back or something goes out I知 home in minutes. As long as I知 shooting I figure I知 getting range time in, so as long as it痴 fun and I can afford it, who cares. Production Class Revolver is still shooting like I used to for me, so under what organization doesn稚 really matter. ICORE looks like fun too, but I知 not driving 100 miles one way to do it.
    Last edited by HIPCHIP; 10-30-2018 at 08:41 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HIPCHIP View Post
    I just want to have some fun. I may come in last, but I値l be top revolver! (LOL).
    I have been told that IDPA would probably be more what I知 used to shooting as a cop, but closest range that shoots it is well over an hour away. My local USPSA range is 10 minutes, so if my back or something goes out I知 home in minutes. As long as I知 shooting I figure I知 getting range time in, so as long as it痴 fun and I can afford it, who cares. Production Class Revolver is still shooting like I used to for me, so under what organization doesn稚 really matter. ICORE looks like fun too, but I知 not driving 100 miles one way to do it.
    I was lucky when I was shooting it. Had a good group of revo shooters near me. One A class that made Master, another Master and one that really worked hard and ran up through to GM in about 3 years. It's really fun to look at the scores and see a revo shooter beating out limited and production shooters and finishing in the top 10-15 overall. I wish I was one of them. Things were just starting to "click" when they changed the 8 shot rule. I moved to single stack.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I was lucky when I was shooting it. Had a good group of revo shooters near me. One A class that made Master, another Master and one that really worked hard and ran up through to GM in about 3 years. It's really fun to look at the scores and see a revo shooter beating out limited and production shooters and finishing in the top 10-15 overall. I wish I was one of them. Things were just starting to "click" when they changed the 8 shot rule. I moved to single stack.
    I don't know if there are any revolver shooters with my group, but hopefully. Looking at the S&W custom shop stuff and they are only 7 shots, so probably missing the 8 shot one, but if I get frustrated then I'll just grab my 1911or try and talk the wife into letting me get a more current competition revolver. I just want to keep my skills up. Can't shoot really fast anyway, but I may learn, so just try and keep my accuracy up. Eyesight not like it was when I was a kid, so it will be kind of new all over again. I was a Range and Weapons officer back in the day, and still impress the kids when I go out to qualify, so hopefully I'll confound a few of the non-revolver guys just for fun!

  4. #14
    Site Supporter Les Pepperoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SRQ - Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I sent my 686 out and had it cut for moonclips. Then I bought 50 Hearthco clips a $5.50 apiece. I also was working on a nice 5" 625 and as soon as I got it setup, USPSA changed the rules to allow 8 shots in minor PF. Don't shoot revo anymore because of that, but shoot what you need to have fun. I still miss shooting the round guns in USPSA sometimes, there's a lot of satisfaction in a stage where you can make a tight shot and save a reload.

    Revo in IDPA makes more sense but there are so many goofy rules. Or at least there were, it's been several years since I shot a IDPA match. If I had one closer I'd still shoot them, but it's hard to drive 2+ hours to shoot 100 or so rounds.
    I started shooting USPSA with a 686 cut for 'clips. TK Custom in IL did the cylinder work for me.

    I know what you mean, though, about the satisfaction.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I started shooting USPSA with a 686 cut for 'clips. TK Custom in IL did the cylinder work for me.

    I know what you mean, though, about the satisfaction.
    TK did mine too. Think I had the cylinder back in a week or so. He does good work.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •