Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone trained with OpSpec Training?

I took practical fundamentals from Jerry Jones a couple years ago. I’m sure I’m less experience than some on this forum but it was a great class for me. Jerry Jones is a good instructor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did an Opspec class a couple of years ago with Jerry Jones and Ray Piedra. It was an excellent class that really helped my transition from a Dunning-Kruger know-nothing into a student of the pistol.

Here's an AAR that I originally posted elsewhere: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....414#post805414
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-30-2018 at 11:35 AM.

It’s been 10-15 years since I trained with them. At the time it was The Bruce and Jerry show. Randy Lee AI’d.

I don’t know how they’ve evolved over they years but I think they are a solid choice if their curriculum fits your needs.
    David S.

For those that have been there recently, how is the range constructed? The area is currently under a flood watch with two days of 99% rain predictions with partly sunny days on Friday and Saturday but an 84% chance of rain on Sunday.

Will it be mud angels, or will it be okay even if wet?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I took Practical Fundamentals with Bruce Gray and Jerry Jones a few years ago. Bruce is, well.. Bruce, but Jerry Jones is also a first rate instructor. I would not hesitate to take another class from Jerry Jones.

I don’t know who is instructing, but OpSec is coming back to town in the spring for Practical Fundamentals and I plan on taking the class again.
    Ditto! I picked up nugget bombs from Bruce constantly throughout the class. Bruce, Jerry Jones and Randy Lee ran the class I attended and they are all outstanding instructors. Don’t think this is a TDA only class, lots of Glocks and M&Ps in my class. The class is all about execution of the fundamentals at a high level.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Ditto! I picked up nugget bombs from Bruce constantly throughout the class. Bruce, Jerry Jones and Randy Lee ran the class I attended and they are all outstanding instructors. Don’t think this is a TDA only class, lots of Glocks and M&Ps in my class. The class is all about execution of the fundamentals at a high level.
    I shot it with a G17. Jerry Jones has significant Glock time via his agency so striker guns are definitely welcome and addressed in depth.

The class had a mix of Glocks, SIG TDA and a couple HK’s. Bruce also had a prototype of a SIG striker fired P250......

It was a good class. Spend your money and ammo with confidence.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List