Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What rimfire .22 would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Surprised I don’t hear much about a Glock conversion slide for the .22 (Other than awp_101 in post 10). Any issues with these? This might be a good option for me to double as some cheap practice with my glocks.
    I know it's been a while since you posted this.

My experience with the Advantage Arms Glock conversion kits has been mixed, and I've owned several. They're not very accurate, for a .22, and the reliability isn't that great. I would rate these as terrible guns. However, looking at them as a training device, the accuracy is acceptable, and you can practice with your exact trigger and gun. You can also use your regular support gear. This is a big advantage.

So, if you want one to shoot, skip it and get a buckmark. If you want a subcaliber trainer, go for it.

I recently bought a Ruger Mark IV 22/45.

It is the most cheap fun since laser pointers and kittens. I honestly can't wait for the next chance to get to the range with it.

The S&W M&P 15-22 is way up there in the fun department, too. More so when it gets a red dot.

Yeah, shooting them is probably improving my overall marksmanship and fundamentals, too. I'm just too busy making little holes really close to each other to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    The S&W M&P 15-22 is way up there in the fun department, too. More so when it gets a red dot.
    Surprisingly good red dot. Especially for rimfires. I have 3 on various platforms. Oldest is about 5000 rounds in on the 15/22.
    FSI FieldSportI Micro Red Dot Sight with QD Riser Mount, Dual Layers of Glass,4 MOA, 11 Brightness Setting,RED ONLY NO Green and Come with a Low Profile Base https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I007FPA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_s36eCbR0SB2DG

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I’m only about 1k rounds into my AA G19 kit but it’s been great so far. Haven’t actually tested it for accuracy but haven’t noticed anything crazy. The M&P 15-22 is also a ton of fun, I recently put in a BCM PNT trigger, have an XPS-2 waiting, and have the new Radian Raptor/Talon Kit on the way for it. I want to try one of the Colt .22 Rail Guns, since I have the “real” one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really likemy M&P 22 compact. Reliable even on bulk ammo as long as you clean it every couple hundred rounds, accurate, etc. My only gripe is that the grip is small. It makes me want to put too much finger on the trigger.

The less said about the POS Sig Mosquito I sold, the better...
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

2500 rounds through my Ruger sr22. First 200 were problematic but after that, the gun cleared up and has been solid. Except that it now doesn’t lock back on empty.

Side note - got a CMMG conversion for my AR15 and tried it this morning. 100 flawless rounds and an ear to ear grin. Pretty awesome for skill building.

User Tag List