Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts: Marcus Wynne's LoPro Carry Setup

Wouldn't want to be squeezed like that 16 hours a day.

Who is Marcus Wynne?
    #RESIST

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For my own use, I have determined that a low ride appendix holster where my knuckles hit my belt and slow my draw conceals better than a higher ride appendix holster that presents faster.
    Agreed. So I tend to run them pretty low, prioritizing concealment.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Who is Marcus Wynne?
    Not my right up, snagged from Active Response Training.

“Marcus Wynne is the world’s foremost training designer for high-stress occupations. He introduced John Boyd’s OODA loop to the law enforcement community, brought neuro-linguistic-programming into military combatives, and evolved a cutting edge training protocol that embeds stress inoculation within the context of accelerated learning. He is a military veteran of the US Army’s 82d Airborne and a federal law enforcement veteran who served with the Federal Air Marshal Program. He’s taught at FLETC and hundreds of law enforcement and military academies; his work has been adopted at the national level in South Africa, Sweden, and Norway. He continues his research in consultation with DARPA, NASA, Naval Research and other cutting edge military research institutions here and abroad. He’s honored to share his work here with you.”

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Who is Marcus Wynne?
    Ex US Marshall, was involved in the US Government Jedi project. Thoughts of Marcus Wynne, and the Neural Based Operator are interesting reading.

Dennis Martin's CQB Services (UK) website has some of his writings.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Not my right up, snagged from Active Response Training.

“Marcus Wynne is the world’s foremost training designer for high-stress occupations. He introduced John Boyd’s OODA loop to the law enforcement community, brought neuro-linguistic-programming into military combatives, and evolved a cutting edge training protocol that embeds stress inoculation within the context of accelerated learning. He is a military veteran of the US Army’s 82d Airborne and a federal law enforcement veteran who served with the Federal Air Marshal Program. He’s taught at FLETC and hundreds of law enforcement and military academies; his work has been adopted at the national level in South Africa, Sweden, and Norway. He continues his research in consultation with DARPA, NASA, Naval Research and other cutting edge military research institutions here and abroad. He’s honored to share his work here with you.”
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Ex US Marshall, was involved in the US Government Jedi project. Thoughts of Marcus Wynne, and the Neural Based Operator are interesting reading.

Dennis Martin's CQB Services (UK) website has some of his writings.
    Gotta love telephone.

Thanks for a more complete version Marcus CV. I enjoyed training in his classes.
    Last edited by 1slow; 10-28-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If your priority is surviving random violence in the US, I think that's the right answer. Ease and speed of draw matter more often then capacity. There are the outliers, the active shooter in the movie theater/church/park type scenarios, but there's a *lot* of street muggings for every one of those. I'd rather carry a Shield I could reliably access one handed while entangled or injured then a long slide Glock I had to contort or make a 2 step draw to get into action.
    Concur.

OP mentions testing this out in ECQC; been there. What I found through the evos is that the space you create gives you fractions of a second for in-fight weapon access, or as Craig calls it “a drag race to a gun fight.” The couple of evos I did with a deep concealment holster didn’t work out well because (1) often I was using one hand to control the opponent while (2) drawing one-handed. The deep concealment aspect both slowed the process and often ended up in a very sub-optimal shooting grip on the pistol. For me it led me to my own conclusion that I’d rather have less of a mag capacity in the pistol that was more concealable in a rig that I could better access one-handed than any weapon that put the grip below the belt and added difficulty to an already bad situation.
    Last edited by ADKilla; 10-29-2018 at 06:22 AM.

Personally, I'd rather have something on me that's not quite tacti-quick than to have a tacti-quick rig sitting somewhere else (for whatever reason) when I need something with me. YMMV as well as your needs. OP, thanks for the post.

Keith

Site Supporter
    I could have used his article a while back. Through some trial and error, this is how I carry my Glock 29(yes, 29, not 19). To draw I use my thumb first and fingers follow to acquire my grip. Is it fast? No, but it's not slow. One of the first "rules" is "have a gun" and I have one.

A question I have is most prefer a higher grip because of being able to draw one handed. A cover garment is going to be in the way for a low or high ride holster so I don't understand. How do you draw one handed with a cover garment? I assume there is a youtube video I can watch, time to GOGGLE! Then time to dry draw practice one handed.
    --Jason--

User Tag List