Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Larger caliber semi-auto

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I wish I could afford a gun fairy like Bill Wilson.
    I like to think Bill's grateful to have a beta-tester like George. We'll probably see this as a stock item next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I like to think Bill's grateful to have a beta-tester like George. We'll probably see this as a stock item next year.
    I appreciate Bill taking an interest in this. Look forward to shooting it soon, and got a Magpul bipod for my 300 yard group shooting. I have an Omega suppressor — would that be appropriate for group shooting, or add too much of a variable?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I appreciate Bill taking an interest in this. Look forward to shooting it soon, and got a Magpul bipod for my 300 yard group shooting. I have an Omega suppressor — would that be appropriate for group shooting, or add too much of a variable?
    I have no experience with the Omega, but I would zero and shoot for groups without it initially. The less variables the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably out of your weight and price points, but have you seen this?

http://nemoarms.com/rifles/omen-recon

I have no first hand experience but I looked at these platforms and that led me believe the reputation is rather spotty.

Did you ever consider the Amish Machine Gun, the Remington slide action 760/7600 in 30-06? While accurate, it wouldn't be as fast as a gas gun, nor as durable, so maybe the question is already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Did you ever consider the Amish Machine Gun, the Remington slide action 760/7600 in 30-06? While accurate, it wouldn't be as fast as a gas gun, nor as durable, so maybe the question is already answered.
    About twenty years ago, I had Jim Brockman tart up a shorter barrel Remington .06 pump. It shot well at 100, fell completely apart at 200 yards, and never struck me as very durable or reliable.

Back then, a country guy from Maine, who hit the lottery would buy a Remington semi auto, and install a 4-14 Tasco or equivalent in high see through rings to chase deer in the thick cover.

Package from Wilson Combat arrived.

Name:  7E5363A1-F036-48A3-B95F-4315899FA639.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  91B6B3E4-7454-4FC9-8FD3-368EE3ED0EB4.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  42.1 KB

Hope to shoot it tomorrow!

She's a sexy beast. Look forward to hearing how she runs!

For just dumb reasons, haven't had a chance to shoot the Wilson yet. Today, even though it was blowing 35+, we decided to shoot it at the end of our practice session.

TPC says that controlling recoil with the carbine is, in this order, stance, grip, muzzle device, then lightened bolts and other minutia. I handed my wife the Wilson .308, and didn't say anything other than shoot it. Initially, it pushed her back as she was expecting 5.56 AR recoil, and then after getting her stance more aggressive with her foot back and weight forward, she was able to control it much better.

The gun functioned just fine, recoil was about what you would expect out of a 7 pound .308, but it was too windy to shoot groups at distance.

User Tag List