Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete and total J-frame shenanigans

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My quick and dirty rule for Smith revolvers, is if it has a lock, or has been made since they started with the locks, I don’t trust it.
    Same. I like pre-lock S&W and post-billboard Rugers.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Indeed, but I hasten to add that your very first post was, roughly "used wheelgun goodness," or somesuch, so mission accompli. Not to be all ‘captain rubitin’, but: mint condition, $450 out the door, inclusive. For something I may not see again soon.

I’ve been wearing my happy face.

If you got that 36 for $450 ( which is how I'm reading this)... you may have committed a felony. There is one on gunbroker right now for ~$1700. Very nice score.

I have been on the hunt for a 60-10 for a little while now, after lusting after a 60-4 locally that was up for an awesome deal (that I missed out on). They are like a mini 586/686 to my eyes. Be a near perfect packing gun for bumping around the desert and mountains. If I end up with a really cherry/mint 60-10... I don't know if I'll dare carry and use it... But I probably will. I could always buy the new model with the dreaded lock to beat up... but I swore to myself that I'd never buy a S&W with the Hillary hole.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    If you got that 36 for $450 ( which is how I'm reading this)... you may have committed a felony. There is one on gunbroker right now for ~$1700. Very nice score.
    $1700 is absolutely ludicrous.

Of course, the same could conceivably be said of $450... which is why I find myself digging deep to 4473 3 firearms in one week.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

$1700 is absolutely ludicrous.
    I agree. 60-10's are going for ~$700-1000 for nice examples. $1700 is probably about $700 too high. $450 is still a pretty damn good deal.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My quick and dirty rule for Smith revolvers, is if it has a lock, or has been made since they started with the locks, I don’t trust it.
    For the life of me, I can’t fathom why they just didn’t license Taurus’s system.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That is a 36-6, bead blast black finish, 3" "target" with a full lug and full-length ejector rod throw.
    That right there is one amazingly beautiful revolver. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    That right there is one amazingly beautiful revolver. Congratulations.
    Thanks. Right place, right time; totally lucked into it. Fortunately, I’ve learned when to take "yes" for an anwer.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I have the stainless version (a 60-4), and I really like the woodstocks and the T-Grip. I may need to pick a set of those up.

Name:  IMG_1570.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  92.3 KB

I carried this fairly often when I lived in Florida, but I have not carried it as much since I moved to the PNW.

i am thinking about picking up a set of the Altamont Altai stocks. Any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    i am thinking about picking up a set of the Altamont Altai stocks. Any experience with them?
    No experience with J-frames, but I am pretty sure that those are the OEM grips on the 3" Kimber K6s (3" only). I found them to be slick and narrow, so I replaced them with VZgrips, which I definitey prefer. The j-frame VZ 320s are also nice... I have a set on my 642. I think I’ll be sticking with the OEM magnas with a Tyler T adaptor on the 36-6, although the VZs would look cool with the matte black and full lug. I’ll have to see if they fit; the VZ fit is iffy with the older J-frames.

User Tag List