Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 Low POI - sight options.

What Edster is saying is if your Gen 5 Glock has a .240 rear sight and is hitting low install a .256 rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    If the gun is hitting below point of aim, wouldn’t that require a shorter front sight?
    Correct, I misspoke low POI needs a shorter front sight if rear height remains constant. They sent me a .200 for my Gen 5 34 which regulates at 25 with 147 grain. In his case a .180 or shorter front sight post may be needed.
    Last edited by John10-19; 10-28-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If the gun has a 6,5mm rear and zeroes then use so called Gen4 sights if thats true with a 6.1 mm rear then so called Gen5 sights should work. Dont get wrapped up with Gen4 and Gen5 sights
    The rear sight says 6.1.

I’ll see if I have a 6.5 laying around

Site Supporter
    Is it correct to assume an older Glock stock/ plastic rear with a “-“ on the right side is 6.5mm ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is it correct to assume an older Glock stock/ plastic rear with a “-“ on the right side is 6.5mm ?
    According to Midway USA’s info:

“Glock rear sights are identified by markings on the right side consisting of one or more horizontal bars. A single bar indicates the most common rear sight height: 6.5mm (.256 in). A long bar with a short bar beneath it indicates a 6.1mm (.240 in) height and a long bar with a short bar above will measure 6.9mm (.271 in) high. The tallest of the factory Glock rear sights is the 7.3mm (.287 in) with markings consisting of a long bar with two shorter bars above the long bar.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    According to Midway USA’s info:

“Glock rear sights are identified by markings on the right side consisting of one or more horizontal bars. A single bar indicates the most common rear sight height: 6.5mm (.256 in). A long bar with a short bar beneath it indicates a 6.1mm (.240 in) height and a long bar with a short bar above will measure 6.9mm (.271 in) high. The tallest of the factory Glock rear sights is the 7.3mm (.287 in) with markings consisting of a long bar with two shorter bars above the long bar.”
    Ok time for a Costco bin safari in my garage,

Site Supporter
    Found a "-" 6.5 mm plastic rear and swapped out the 6.1mm rear.

I have removed mutiple sets of Glock plastic sights but I've never installed one. The MGW sight pusher deformed the sight but its useable for my purposes. Never seen that occur in removing them.

Are all the Glock plastic fronts the same height ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Found a "-" 6.5 mm plastic rear and swapped out the 6.1mm rear.

I have removed mutiple sets of Glock plastic sights but I've never installed one. The MGW sight pusher deformed the sight but its useable for my purposes. Never seen that occur in removing them.

Are all the Glock plastic fronts the same height ?
    Yes.

Site Supporter
    Shot the 19.5 in question with the taller, pre-Gen 5, 6.5mm rear sight installed. POI is now #2 / top edge of the front sight at 10 yards. Windage is a little off but this was just proof of concept before installing a “real” set of gen 3/4 sights.

Name:  775DA8E4-21E9-49C8-A527-9CF37A0C4AEF.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  19.9 KB

Deformation of the polymer rear from the sight tool.

Name:  36980517-CB88-46C9-AA3C-7B032F962D96.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  19.4 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 10-29-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Excellent! Glad to see that improved things.

User Tag List