Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 Low POI - sight options.

Site Supporter

Glock Gen 5 Low POI - sight options.

I have an early Glock 19 Gen 5 with the stock plastic sights. I purchased the gun used and quickly figured out why the prior owner sold it. The gun is accurate and reliable but shoots low. At 15 and 25 yards a #3 / drive the dot hold on a B-8 will result in a nice group just below the bottom of the black / 6 o’clock.

I seem to recall some others with this issue reporting that installing Gen 4 sights on the Gen 5 and / or installing G42/43 sights on a Gen 5 will raise the POI.

I thought @GJM was going to try the 42/43 sight to raise POI on a Gen 5 ?

Any recommendations on sight without getting into custom heights with my preference being HD/pro glo type ?

Thanks
    Last edited by HCM; 10-27-2018 at 02:00 PM.

gen5's arriving with Bolds from the factory and Agents installed to replace plastic sights, hit POA/POI for me (top edge). Both types are skus intended for gen5s.
    I like the U-cut of the Agents best.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    gen5's arriving with Bolds from the factory and Agents installed to replace plastic sights, hit POA/POI for me (top edge). Both types are skus intended for gen5s.
    Do you have a link or a SKU?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you have a link or a SKU? Thank you!
    Ameriglo Agent p/n GL5527 (orange) or GL5617 (green), https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod113320.aspx
    Ameriglo Bold, 47285, https://store.teamglock.com/glock-bo...-ameriglo.html
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    A different G19.5 with factory BOLDs hits drive the dot or top edge for me depending on ammo typeas did a 17.5 with the stock sights. This is a POI issue with this particular gun.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-27-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have an early Glock 19 Gen 5 with the stock plastic sights. I purchased the gun used and quickly figured out why the prior owner sold it. The gun is accurate and reliable but shoots low. At 15 and 25 yards a #3 / drive the dot hold on a B-8 will result in a nice group just below the bottom of the black / 6 o’clock.

I seem to recall some others with this issue reporting that installing Gen 4 sights on the Gen 5 and / or installing G42/43 sights on a Gen 5 will raise the POI.

I thought @GJM was going to try the 42/43 sight to raise POI on a Gen 5 ?

Any recommendations on sight without getting into custom heights with my preference being HD/pro glo type ?

Thanks
    What number rear is on the gun right now?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

HCM, or anyone else reading this,

The Gen5 guns have shipped with different height sight sets (different from Gens 1-4). My Gen5 G17 and G19 both came with the standard height front (~4.2mm or .165") and a 6.1mm rear. Previously, Gens 1-4 9mm Glocks were coming with 6.5mm rears.

Glock did sell 6.9mm, 7.3mm, and an adjustable rear and still do. Yes, Glock also now has its "GMS" line of sights, too, with their deeper rear sight notches. Don't forget Ameriglo providing Gen5 versions of its Glock sights, too, although these also are sighted in for a lower POI.

Any Glock and any shooter may benefit from changing his/her sights. I'll admit, especially if out of practice, I'll tend to push left and down. I also seldom shoot my 147 grain carry loads, but will shoot 115 or maybe 124 gr. fmj ammo for practice. I don't shoot 25 yards very often as it's on my edge of ability; I need to slow-down below what's fun for me; and I just don't like it. I can barely see where I'm hitting without a scope! Right or wrong, I'll usually choose the 15 yard distance at my local range, unless I really suck that day choose to shoot even closer. OK, once in a while I'll shoot at 25 yards, but I'm much better with a long gun at that distance or beyond. I knew my limits when I was working and wouldn't hesitate to pull the shotgun or carbine out of the patrol car with anticipated distances of 25 yards or beyond.

Anyway, yes. Many people notice the lower hitting POI of the Gen5 guns with the delivered sights and have made personal sight substitutions. I believe the delivered sights are likely good with 147 gr. ammo at 25 yards.

My new 26.5 and sold 17.5 works well with Ameriglo .165 front sights with the the bold or CAP rear.

Site Supporter
    How do you all like the factory Glock Night sights?

Call Ameriglo 470-223-4163 and order direct. Describe your issue and order the Agent, Bold or Spartan Operator for the gen 5. They will probably send you a .180 or .200 front sight. By ordering direct they can offer a custom combination and will help you get the correct height on the first attempt. I believe if it is still hitting low they will let you swap out for just a taller front sight post. Make sure to tell them you're LE.

User Tag List