Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 Low POI - sight options.

I'm still trying to figure out Dawson's way of thinking

Gen 1-4: .205 Front x .225 Rear
    Gen 5 17/19: .235 Front x .225 Rear
    Gen 5 19X/45: .225 Front x .225 Rear
    Gen 5 34: .215 Front x .225 Rear

I'm confused why they're all different, especially since the 19X/45 differs from the 19.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out Dawson's way of thinking

Gen 1-4: .205 Front x .225 Rear
    Gen 5 17/19: .235 Front x .225 Rear
    Gen 5 19X/45: .225 Front x .225 Rear
    Gen 5 34: .215 Front x .225 Rear

I'm confused why they're all different, especially since the 19X/45 differs from the 19.
    I use Gen 4 spec. sights on all my Gen 5 Glocks regardless of brand. Works for me.

Hmm I installed a set of Agents on my G19.5 that was shooting low with the Gen 5 factory 6.1 rear, and it's still hitting very low as well, with both 124 and 147gr. It's why I don't really shoot it anymore. I may have to give Ameriglo a call at this point..

Did Glock change the "stock" sight picture from #2 to a #3 drive the dot type hold for the gen 5?

My 19X is shooting low. It's driving me crazy. Using a drive the dot sight picture:

1st 17 rounds (cold) at 25 yards with Federal RTP 115 FMJ last Monday
    Name:  IMG_2576.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  18.9 KB

1st 17 rounds (cold) at 25 yards with S&B 115 FMJ today
    Name:  IMG_2607.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  18.5 KB

I'm 99% sure it isn't me as I have several G17s that shoot "drive the dot" properly. Even at 7 yards I am noticeably low. Ball and dummy made no difference except tightening up my groups. I would rather the POI be flipped so it was shooting high.

Somewhere I have both a 6.5 and 6.9 rear Glock OEM night sight. I'll have to swap out the 6.1 and see what difference it makes. The down side is it will take at least 2 weeks to find out (or one if the 6.5 fixes it) provided life doesn't interfere.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    My 19X is shooting low. It's driving me crazy. Using a drive the dot sight picture:

I'm 99% sure it isn't me as I have several G17s that shoot "drive the dot" properly. Even at 7 yards I am noticeably low. Ball and dummy made no difference except tightening up my groups. I would rather the POI be flipped so it was shooting high.

Somewhere I have both a 6.5 and 6.9 rear Glock OEM night sight. I'll have to swap out the 6.1 and see what difference it makes. The down side is it will take at least 2 weeks to find out (or one if the 6.5 fixes it) provided life doesn't interfere.

If Glock night sight heights actually match what's stamped on them (an assumption I have never checked, BTW), then the 0.8mm increase in rear height should move your group up 4.5" or so.

The 6.5 should only move your group half that much -- which doesn't look like nearly enough, but I might not be judging your target photo correctly.

FWIW, with the G17 sight radius, it takes approximately .007" change in sight height to produce a 1" group shift at 25yds. For the factory Glock (and HK) sights that come labeled in mm, unless I'm making stupid late night math errors, it'd be about a 0.178 mm change in sight height to move the group by one inch.

ETA: I just realized you were talking about a G19X, not a G17, so the sight radius isn't quite as long. However, .007" is still a good rule of thumb. G19 sight radius, it's actually ~ .0065", so not much different.
    Last edited by Dave J; 02-26-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    If Glock night sight heights actually match what's stamped on them (an assumption I have never checked, BTW), then the 0.8mm increase in rear height should move your group up 4.5" or so.

The 6.5 should only move your group half that much -- which doesn't look like nearly enough, but I might not be judging your target photo correctly.

FWIW, with the G17 sight radius, it takes approximately .007" change in sight height to produce a 1" group shift at 25yds. For the factory Glock (and HK) sights that come labeled in mm, unless I'm making stupid late night math errors, it'd be about a 0.178 mm change in sight height to move the group by one inch.

ETA: I just realized you were talking about a G19X, not a G17, so the sight radius isn't quite as long. However, .007" is still a good rule of thumb. G19 sight radius, it's actually ~ .0065", so not much different.
    Thank you for your input! I haven't done the sight math yet, but if the 6.9 will raise my POI by ~4.5" then it won't be enough. It'll be better than what I have now regardless.

Name:  IMG_2608.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  31.6 KB

I have the chance to shoot a second 19X. I want to see if it's the nut behind the gun or not.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post

1st 17 rounds (cold) at 25 yards with Federal RTP 115 FMJ last Monday
    Name:  IMG_2576.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  18.9 KB

1st 17 rounds (cold) at 25 yards with S&B 115 FMJ today
    Name:  IMG_2607.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  18.5 KB

I can't comment on the factory Glock nights sights for the 19X as I never shot mine with them. I put the Bold sets, with the .180 front on all my 5th gen guns.

The Ameriglo Bold sights from the factory, are typically low with the .200 front sight. I swap all mine out with .180 Pro glo fronts, and it solves the POA/POI being low for me.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 02-26-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    Hmm I installed a set of Agents on my G19.5 that was shooting low with the Gen 5 factory 6.1 rear, and it's still hitting very low as well, with both 124 and 147gr. It's why I don't really shoot it anymore. I may have to give Ameriglo a call at this point..

Call them and go with the .180 Pro Glo front. That should resolve the POI low issue.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I have had success with two different G5G19s with the standard sight configuration for gen 1-4 guns (.256T rear and .165T front). Both of the below groups were shot with different guns each running the above sight dimensions with 115 gr. ball at 25 yards with a split-the-bull hold.

Name:  IMG_7265.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  35.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_8608.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  31.2 KB

User Tag List