Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanctuary State laws

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You have me there hero. Rock on in your perfect world.
    Not looking to 'get you', and my world is far from perfect. Just looking to do what I can, when I can. What others do is outside of my control and not what I really worry about. I realize that what I do might make a difference, but it most likely, in this state, it will not. I have no illusions on how the system works, Sorry to ruffle your feathers. It is quite likely that your expeience differs from mine, resulting in a different point of view.

pat

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Would repealing a sanctuary state law make your job harder?
    No. There are visa programs for actual victims who are needed for court cases. Anything that pushes illegals out also pushes crime out. Generally the more low level and/or traffic oriented stuff (hit and run, forged documents/ID cards/registrations), but crime none the less. They are also disproportionately the victim. Since they have trouble banking, they have more cash on hand then others. Not their fault, but when you have prey at the watering hole predators notice. Even if you ignore that illegals are, well, illegal, they draw crime in much the same way a black market/underground economy does.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You get defensive awfully easy for a big tough state trooper that has "put your big boy pants on" as your signature line.

Yeah, I was trying to read that in the best possible light but I must've left my cheaters in the other room.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I might be the odd man out, and I hardly ever post. I did 33 years in the saddle, from inner-city metro in a 10 million pop county, to as rural as covering 1500 square miles and 3000 population can be.

I take it personally impersonal. Just as no one has a right to enter my house except by permission, I think that no one has a right to be in this country except by the same way.

Making my job hard or harder? Not hardly. A sucking chest wound is hard.

Calling ICE or whoever and refusing to acknowledge someone's artificial "King's X" just sounds like adult law enforcement.
    Last edited by Gray01; 10-28-2018 at 06:09 PM.

I think the whole premise of sanctuary states/cities is ridiculous.

I’m also oppposed to anything thing that makes cooperation between local, state, and federal LE more difficult.

We have a pretty good working relationship with BP. Plus, they have a station in the adjacent county, so we can deliver to their door if that action is warranted. Such was not the situation in the Midwest.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List