Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worth Reporting?

Site Supporter
    Cacafeugo may have more information on Guard Dog Security and the Harm and Hammer If so, I'll defer to him, but the only review of the product on Guard Dog's site said that the product was difficult to deploy and fairly fragile. While the product specifications state it is 18% OC, it gives no indication of the capsaicinoid or SHU levels. While we debate which of those is more important, we have no idea of what that eighteen is a percentage of.

Absent further information, I'd go with one of the better known OC manufacturers such as Sabre Red or Fox Labs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    There seems to be a decent number of Uber rape stories I google'ed it and save 10 or so reports in the last few months
    It's rare that she Ubers alone. Usually with several friends to avoid parking issues or drink-driving on the weekends.
    This was the middle of a rainy day on a busy college campus going "just a few miles".

Thankfully it was only a scare. I doubt she'll ever Uber alone again.... better to wait in the library for a ride.
    Lessons. And gray hairs.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Cool.

Is that decent spray?
    No clue, sorry. I was just aware that it exists

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

When you look at the statistics, getting into an uber is no more dangerous than getting into a cab; people like to bleat about how “dangerous” Uber and Lyft are, but it’s really just sensationalism. The same bad actors that would have been cabbies raping people in 1996 are now just Uber drivers.

I had some time to unpack the problem of potential violence/kidnapping in a ride-share service a while ago during FonF, some of that will end up on a TV show here in the near future. We worked the “non-compliant Uber driver” problem a few different ways, but the one thing we kept landing on was that you’re always better off getting out of the car than trying to solve the problem in the car.

One other thing to bear in mind is that some cars come with the child locks enabled as the factory default setting. Based on some of the drivers I’ve encountered, knowing how to disable that setting might be a step beyond their technical abilities.

User Tag List