Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: No Fail Bill Drill

  1. #1

    No Fail Bill Drill

    Drill for all the B8 lovers out there. No Fail Bill Drill. 7 yards from a draw (concealed if you’re a baller). 6 rounds all in the black. 3.0 seconds or less. Lines break count. Came up with the idea with input from Chuck Pressburg Bill Blowers Jared Reston John Johnston and AJ Zito. Give it a whirl.

    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Gabe White Training Light Pin

  2. #2
    Leopard Printer Mr_White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gaming In The Streets
    Gave it a whirl this evening:



    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Gave it a whirl this evening:



    Smokin!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Gabe White Training Light Pin

  4. #4
    When you think you iz a baller, then Gabe White says O Hi!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Gabe White Training Light Pin

  5. #5
    Site Supporter GuanoLoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    I’m having trouble reading those drw times and splits.

    Looks like roughly a Light Pin level run - more focus on accuracy, a little breathing room on time.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

  6. #6
    Leopard Printer Mr_White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gaming In The Streets
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianJedi View Post
    When you think you iz a baller, then Gabe White says O Hi!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol, dude you are definitely a baller and a really outstanding shooter. I wanted to outdo a 2.10 clean on a B8 from about four years ago, but it was not to be (that Lawman 124gr I was shooting tonight is some hot 9mm.) That 2.10 was probably the best bill drill I've ever shot, not because of time but because of the accuracy. Now that I'm at the range a lot I'll probably try your drill again next week. Thank you for posting it!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

  7. #7
    Leopard Printer Mr_White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gaming In The Streets
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I’m having trouble reading those drw times and splits.

    Looks like roughly a Light Pin level run - more focus on accuracy, a little breathing room on time.
    They were 1.05 and 1.09 draws and .27ish splits (I think, might be off a little.) You are correct that is Light Pin time. The target is way smaller than a lower A zone or 8" circle though and the shots were in about 3.5 to 4" areas. Pretty different accuracy than when I use a lot of the lower A or 8" circle under 2 seconds.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

  8. #8
    Site Supporter GuanoLoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    They were 1.05 and 1.09 draws and .27ish splits (I think, might be off a little.) You are correct that is Light Pin time. The target is way smaller than a lower A zone or 8" circle though and the shots were in about 3.5 to 4" areas. Pretty different accuracy than when I use a lot of the lower A or 8" circle under 2 seconds.
    It sounds quite do-able, however, I'm sure your ability to consistently bust out a 1.0x draw with a good grip and sight picture far exceeds mine.

    BUT, that isn't a requirement for a 3.0s par time. Anything under a 1.5s draw with 5 x 0.30 splits would get the job done. There is room for an additional measure of care/accuracy that is possible in those times.

    BTW I'm noticing a difference between having a full grip, e.g. CZ P-07 with a 15+2 extended base pad and a Glock 19. I'm pretty sure a full size grip (G17/34/etc) is an advantage over a compact grip, in terms of consistency at speed if nothing else.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 10-26-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

  9. #9
    Leopard Printer Mr_White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gaming In The Streets
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    It sounds quite do-able, however, I'm sure your ability to consistently bust out a 1.0x draw with a good grip and sight picture far exceeds mine.

    BUT, that isn't a requirement for a 3.0s par time. Anything under a 1.5s draw with 5 x 0.30 splits would get the job done. There is room for an additional measure of care/accuracy that is possible in those times.

    BTW I'm noticing a difference between having a full grip, e.g. CZ P-07 with a 15+2 extended base pad and a Glock 19. I'm pretty sure a full size grip (G17/34/etc) is an advantage over a compact grip, in terms of consistency at speed if nothing else.
    That's certainly true on the time/accuracy breakdown. I should try the 3 second par aiming for the 10 or x-ring. That would be very worthwhile. My mind was going in the other direction though - sticking with the B8 but faster. I couldn't get that clean 2.10 from four years ago out of my head lol.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

  10. #10
    Site Supporter GuanoLoco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    That's certainly true on the time/accuracy breakdown. I should try the 3 second par aiming for the 10 or x-ring. That would be very worthwhile. My mind was going in the other direction though - sticking with the B8 but faster. I couldn't get that clean 2.10 from four years ago out of my head lol.
    Prior ‘hot runs’ stick in your head / your craw don’t they!

    I love them but am more concerned for now about consistency - I have achieved times/accuracy that is ‘fast enough’ in practice, that is, I am physically able to do the things that I want to do. BUT, can I do them cold? Can I do them with consistency? That is the gap that I am most concerned with, although driving to ever-higher goals is a way of making (really) good results into more of a ‘normal’ skill baseline.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •