Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USPSA 2018 Factory Gun Nationals

A good friend of mine took 14 in single stack, which was very cool.

Also, really happy to see JJ with a strong finish following his Open division win. I shot with JJ quite a bit in his teens, and even had the honor of giving him his USPSA safety check.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Results are here: https://practiscore.com/results/new/68687?q_division=0

Looks like @Gio did well! 26th! Congrats!
    15th in Production. Impressive.
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Cool to see a familiar face at 13th(22nd overall) in production. Dude was always fun to watch locally and his squad was the most fun to run through stages.
    Russ Maskey is a great dude - helluva mechanic too! Most impressive thing was his work on an old Tri-Standard reloader they found in a barn!!
    His wife is a riot too - they were folks I looked forward to seeing at the Florida Open, Area matches, etc.

Back before there were Mark7 machines and customer support, people cranked the handle on 1050's, converted them to rotary presses (thanks Craig Forcht! I sill love mine!) or sought out older hardware... stuff that was lost to time and lore...

Last edited by Sal Picante; 10-26-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I see a pattern here as far as guns. /snark

Phil Strader (5th) and Mason Lane(6th) both shot Sig320's if I'm right... Hwansik Kim (12th and one of the nicest dudes ever) shot a Walther Comp model.

First GLOCK I know for sure was Ashely Rheuark (33rd). Factory GLOCK shooter and a really nice rep for the brand. She's awesome!

Phil Strader (5th) and Mason Lane(6th) both shot Sig320's if I'm right... Hwansik Kim (12th and one of the nicest dudes ever) shot a Walther Comp model.

First GLOCK I know for sure was Ashely Rheuark (33rd). Factory GLOCK shooter and a really nice rep for the brand. She's awesome!
    I am still buttmad at HK for not sponsoring Hwansik Kim. I mean COME ON it’s right there, jeez.

Doesn’t Gio shoot a Glock?
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Doesn’t Gio shoot a Glock?
    It's a safe assumption. I'm almost positive that the only non-Glock pistol @Gio owns is a Springfield Professional 1911.

He's been recently inquiring about trying out one of my Berettas though...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-26-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It's a safe assumption. I'm almost positive that the only non-Glock pistol @Gio owns is a Springfield Professional 1911.

He's been recently inquiring about trying out one of my Berettas though...
    I know for a fact he has a Beretta .... or at least had, but it’s an APX....

I am shooting a Glock. I'm not sure if any others above me are as well.

A few additional thoughts on this match now that I've had the time to process the results a bit more:

1. There were a ton of standards/classifier stages in this match, including three really difficult ones. I generally shoot these stages the best, but I did pretty poorly on them overall at this match, and 6 of my 9 misses in the match were on classifier stages.

2. I said I let the match get in my head day 1...I literally forgot a target on one stage that was about 7-8 yds away. 2 misses and a procedural, which cost me at least 30 total match points by my estimation. I have never done that in my USPSA career, even when I was starting out brand new to the sport.

3. I did the best on field courses, but I am still about 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top 3 shooters on most field courses even when I shoot them error free. My highest finish was 3rd overall on one stage, which was a 31 round field course with about a 15 yd classic target swinger behind a steel wall. I shot 28A/3C in 21 seconds. Ben won the stage with the same 28A/3C in 19 seconds. Another field course I was 5th overall on, I shot 29A/3C in 22 seconds...Ben won that one as well with the same 29A/3C in 20 seconds. From watching some of his match video, we had the exact same stage plan on both.

4. I have done a ton of swinger practice over the last two months because I felt it was one of my weaknesses, and it really paid off in this match. I fired only two shots on every swinger in this match, most of which were 15-20 yards away and could only be shot through the middle of the arc, and I got good hits on all of them with no penalties.
    Last edited by Gio; 10-27-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Interesting that Nils J. shot Single Stack Major and beat Ben by 1%. Neat...
    I read somewhere that the match had a lot of partials etc and favored Major quite a bit. Maybe Gio can weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Also, really happy to see JJ with a strong finish following his Open division win...
    ...by more than 6%. Geez. And then coming to about 1% from Ben in Production. Dude can shoot.

I now wish Ben a strong run in Limited, I think it would be good for the sport.

Gio, congratulations, this is an admirable placement in a very strong match.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List