Thread: Vanquest waist bag

Site Supporter

Vanquest waist bag

Anyone used the Vanquest waist bag? I'd like to conceal a Glock 19 or 17 and a limited amount of support gear. I see some good reports on other Vanquest products on the forum, but nothing on the waist bag.

Thanks and be safe.

Site Supporter
    Appreciate the transparency in their origin story and points of manufacture using Tier 1 materials.

https://www.vanquest.com/our-story/
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Following with interest. Checked this one out for the wife to use while walking the dog. Would like one with a dedicated pouch/holster.

Site Supporter
    Tensaw, Vanquest does offer a minimalist "holster" for use with the waist bags (for an additional $11.99, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Anyone used the Vanquest waist bag? I'd like to conceal a Glock 19 or 17 and a limited amount of support gear. I see some good reports on other Vanquest products on the forum, but nothing on the waist bag.

Thanks and be safe.
    I haven’t tried their waist pack but have used some of their other items. All have been at least a good value and functional. I am on my second RFID wallet, which I just flat out love.

Your post has me suddenly interested in the waist pack.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I guess calling them “Fanny packs” isn’t in style anymore. Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone tried a Hill People Gear “Fanny pack”?

How about hiking long distances with one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone tried a Hill People Gear “Fanny pack”?

How about hiking long distances with one of these?
    I love mine. For general CCW use, a G19 w/TLR-7, a spare mag, and a SWAT-T just about maxes it out. A 2” LCR and a few other EDC items leaves a little more room to spare.

For hiking when I have my field pistol, a 3” LCR, on-body I can pack it with the essentials sans water. I’ve done some 20+ mile overnight trips using it to augment my Zerk 40 for the smaller stuff.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I love mine. For general CCW use, a G19 w/TLR-7, a spare mag, and a SWAT-T just about maxes it out. A 2” LCR and a few other EDC items leaves a little more room to spare.

For hiking when I have my field pistol, a 3” LCR, on-body I can pack it with the essentials sans water. I’ve done some 20+ mile overnight trips using it to augment my Zerk 40 for the smaller stuff.

Did you use the Vanquest or HPG?

How is the stability, does it bounce around a lot?

My yearly hikes are usually pretty remote and rugged, and I would like to supplement my pack.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Did you use the Vanquest or HPG?
    Whoops, I was referring to the HPG bag. The modest size of the bag keeps it stable; but I will say I don’t seek to stuff it. A larger option I have, and really like, is the Mystery Ranch Hip Monkey. Although the MR bag isn’t set up for weapons carry and micro-organizing.

I may grab the larger Vanquest bag to evaluate for urban/daily use. My only dislike is the aesthetic of the seatbelt strap.

EDIT: For hiking and to supplement a pack I’d probably go with the MR Hip Monkey or Full Moon. They also have two other fanny bag offerings now but the names escape me. If you’re an ultralight fetishist HyperLite and a few other thru-hiking manufacturers make similar products.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 10-08-2021 at 12:07 AM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List