Thread: Newest, and last, gun

Newest, and last, gun

Howdy y'all. The last time I was on here I believe I was huntin' a .357 Magnum automatic. Well, I found one at auction and won. I couldn't believe I was the only one bidding so I got it at the base price! Got my hands on it Saturday. This is a Beast. My best friend called it a hand cannon and he's right. Muzzle flash on it is at least 12" long. However it was surprising light on the recoil. Hell, I ain't even got around to saying what it is. The Beast (as I have named it) is a stainless steel Coonan .357 Magnum Automatic. Five inch barrel w/ 7 round mags. For me, it is a delight to shoot and I'm only 5'10" & 160 lb @ 65 years old. Any comments?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocum View Post
    Howdy y'all. The last time I was on here I believe I was huntin' a .357 Magnum automatic. Well, I found one at auction and won. I couldn't believe I was the only one bidding so I got it at the base price! Got my hands on it Saturday. This is a Beast. My best friend called it a hand cannon and he's right. Muzzle flash on it is at least 12" long. However it was surprising light on the recoil. Hell, I ain't even got around to saying what it is. The Beast (as I have named it) is a stainless steel Coonan .357 Magnum Automatic. Five inch barrel w/ 7 round mags. For me, it is a delight to shoot and I'm only 5'10" & 160 lb @ 65 years old. Any comments?
    That's a rare, and fun gun to shoot. Certainly not the most practical, but what's life about if you're not having a little fun, right? I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Congrats. Those are cool guns. I saw a guy shooting one at the indoor range a while back and admit to being a little envious.

Site Supporter
    We had a customer pick one up, and it was surprisingly pleasant to shoot, as well as being a lot of fun! I've shot it on a few occasions, and you always end up with a smile on your face.

An acquaintance had one at the range one time and let me shoot it. Very pleasant to shoot. I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    That's a rare, and fun gun to shoot. Certainly not the most practical, but what's life about if you're not having a little fun, right? I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!
    Thanks. So do I.

Vending Machine Operator
    The cold analytical part of me sometimes has a hard time seeing any practical value in anything side from a G19-sized 9mm these days, but occasionally I'll bust out grandpa's Colt Python or a friend's vintage Model 36 and remember that there is a GREAT deal of fun to be had shooting beautiful, unique guns.

Enjoy that hand cannon. They're quite nice.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Back in the 1900's, I had a buddy that traded his edc for his newest edc every couple of months, a Coonan was one of those. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting it. Enjoy yours!

Practical schmactical, if I ever run across the right deal on an LAR in .45WM, I might not be able to stop myself...just sayin.

User Tag List