Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Norinco 1911 Coming Home!

Frame feed ramp polish may be the culprit. There is no gap between where the frame ends and barrel begins. In fact the barrel may overhang the frame by just a hair's width. I can't really see an overhang but I can feel a sharp edge there with a fingernail.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The barrel isn't supposed to reach the edge of the ramp. Mr. Williams might be able to cut that part of the barrel back (away from the ramp) and recountour/polish it. Therwise, there are ways of repairing the feedramp size and angle

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The barrel isn't supposed to reach the edge of the ramp...
    Yep.

The 1911 has been back to Don's shop and was returned to me yesterday. He re-profiled the feed ramp portion of the barrel just a bit and says the gun "runs like buttah!"

I haven't tried it yet but will hopefully do so this coming weekend. But I tend to believe Don as the gun came back quite dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Norinco kinda reminds me of one of the old 10-8 builds.
    Those guns, as well as guns like the old Gunsite GSP, were part of the inspiration. I like 2011's and Wilsons and Baers (oh my!) but clean and simple also has had an appeal to me.

I like the hat.

Had the Norinco out today while on a motorcycle ride. I really should probably carry this pistol more often.

User Tag List