Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-Training edition M&P

Pistol-Training edition M&P

Hi all,

I had a question about the limited edition Pistol-Training M&Ps. I just got one in brand new at my shop today from the latest few that I ordered, and I was blown away that it randomly came from a distributor!

I know based upon this post that the features it has are:
    Full size M&P9 pistol
    Performance Center sear
    heavy trigger bar and trigger spring (for stronger, faster reset and approximately 6½ pound trigger pull)
    Warren Tactical 2-dot Night Sights
    Three magazines (17rd where allowed by law; 10rd where required by law)
    pistol-training.com logo on the barrel

I was wondering if it is a standard barrel or not? I know Todd's test gun had a bit different of a barrel from a standard M&P, and this made me think I might want to snag the one that came in today if it does.

Thanks in advance!

The PT pistols had a standard barrel. I believe that the M&P test gun had a standard barrel as well. Todd put a special Langdon barrel in one of his earlier M&Ps. Also, most of the early PT pistol came with Warren Sevigney rear sights not the Tactical. Which rear sight did this one actually have?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Wow. I didn't know any of those made it to any other distributors. Come to think of it, I don't know how many of those were actually made in the first place.

I bought one of these from my local gun store last week actually. I think they told me that they got 12 in or so.

I know of 3 in existence in the hands of some guys I shoot with.

It came brand new?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Yeah, brand new from RSR. I was kind of shocked when I pulled it out of the box. I knew I had read about an upgraded barrel in one of Todd's M&Ps at one point, and I wanted to confirm one way or another. As far as the rear sight is concerned, it appears to be a Warren tactical rear being as it has one unlined tritium vial under the "u". From what I can find, the Sevigny rear doesn't have tritium in it? I'm extremely limited as to what "weapons" related sites I can visit while I'm at work.

Nice score. I had one for a little over a year and my main gripe was the m&p unlocking issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I haven't scored it yet! I don't need another M&P, but if this one is special enough I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simms65 View Post
    As far as the rear sight is concerned, it appears to be a Warren tactical rear being as it has one unlined tritium vial under the "u". From what I can find, the Sevigny rear doesn't have tritium in it?
    The Tacticals have the U notch and the wavy tops with short horizontal lines. The Sevigney's have longer horizontal top lines and square notch. The Sevigney's can come with tritium.

We are diminished
    Um... that's news to me. I thought 50 had been sold to one shop in OH that was distributing them, and that was it. If there's been a recent build, I need to have a talk with someone at Smith...

User Tag List