Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) Ruger Security Six

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Same here. I have a line on a 2.75" Speed Six at work, and would like to get it tuned if the deal works out.

And yes, it's the same Youtube kid I told you about.
    Third this. Picked up one after the Revolver Round Up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I picked this up from a co-worker a couple of weeks ago. I have a GP100 4 inch and a Wiley Clapp GP100 and the price on this one was too good to pass up.

I kind of like the modification that one of the previous owners did to the stocks. I will make using a speed loader a little easier.
    Copngrats on the new Six. I have the same model in Stainless. Great guns....great shooters!!

I'd love to find a set of Trausch grips for it.
    Last edited by WheelGunMan; 10-30-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelGunMan View Post
    Copngrats on the new Six. I have the same model in Stainless. Great guns....great shooters!!

I'd love to find a set of Trausch grips for it.
    If you do get a set of Trausch grips (they're the TJ84R model), let me know, and I'll give you the details of the modifications needed for them to work with the square-butt Security Six frame. Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    If you do get a set of Trausch grips (they're the TJ84R model), let me know, and I'll give you the details of the modifications needed for them to work with the square-butt Security Six frame. Best, Jon
    Thanks...the search is on....they're becoming rare.

That link should take you to the US Army/Air Force Technical Manual for the Ruger Security Six.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...sQ6RlXaeHbn028

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  81.6 KB

Im always on tbe lookout for a Security Six .... I have had this one for years

Interesting Safariland Comp II Speedloader Observations RE Ruger - Sixes

The Safariland Comp II speedloader specifically identified for the Ruger -Sixes is the model J-R4C; as mentioned above, I find it a tad to bulky to use on my Security Six with Trausch grips with the unmodified left grip (retaining the full thumb scoop). While I preferred the HKSs anyhow, I found that some -Six users had success using the smaller Safariland Comp II for the Smith & Wesson K-frame revolvers, the model J-K2C, so I decided to try one out.

It works much better then the J-R4C, and squeezes past the Trausch grip's thumb scoop ledges nicely. and eliminates a reloading movement required with the HKS. More experimentation to follow...

Best, Jon

My Ruger Security Six

Just adopted this Security Six, it is a 2.75" barrel...only dislikes are the small grips and heavy trigger...just ordered a set of Hogue Pau Ferro Woodgrips and looking forward to ease that mighty trigger and tame it...Suggestions are more than welcomed....Price was fair, compared with asking prices for similar here in my Country...
    Name:  Ruger Security.jpeg
Views: 678
Size:  84.3 KB

My Ruger Security Six 2.75"

Name:  Ruger Security.jpeg
Views: 435
Size:  84.3 KB

Just adopted this Ruger, only dislikes are the small original grips and the mighty stiff trigger pull...Just ordered a set of Hogue Pau de Ferro Custom Combat grips, and looking for suggestion in how to tame that hammer...Suggestions are more than welcome...Thanks..

I'd probably start with these: https://www.gunsprings.com/RUGER/DOU...3/mID52/dID230

This is a superb reference manual for internal work and checks: https://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Revolve...n+shop+manuals

Best, Jon

User Tag List