Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I placed an order for one back on the 12th through Surefire. Order says “processing” hopefully it will ship soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’t feel alone brother, ordered 2 Stilleto’s on 10 Nov. & seeing the same *processing* status.

That said if I can’t cancel 1 of them thru SF I’ll post it FS so if anyone here wants it send me a PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Don’t feel alone brother, ordered 2 Stilleto’s on 10 Nov. & seeing the same *processing* status.

That said if I can’t cancel 1 of them thru SF I’ll post it FS so if anyone here wants it send me a PM.
    I’m right there with you... ordered mine on 9 Nov. Still shows “processing”. But, as I mentioned earlier, so does an order from last December that was delivered the same month. So their order tracking system is fouled up.

But I’m still wondering when my order will arrive. Next time I’m not flying on a weekday, I need to call Surefire and ask for a status.
    How many weeks does it take for an item they’re still advertising as “in stock” to be delivered?

I’ve always been a fan of Surefire, but I’m becoming less impressed as the days go by...

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I also like that the Stilletto won’t roll away when it is set down.

Ordered.
    Neither will any other light with a pocket clip.

I’ve had a couple of the non-rechargeable versions of this, and the larger rechargeable version, for quite some time, and still can’t find anything wrong with any of them.

I want to like the stiletto, but this post really strikes home for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    For small EDC light chores, I recently picked up a Streamlight Microstream USB light. VERY small in the pocket, two modes (100 or 250 lumen) and built in micro usb charger. The black finished light defaults to 100 lumen and goes to 250 with the double tap. Coyote finish light defaults to 250 and goes to 100 lumen with the double tap. For under $30 bucks you cant beat it. I throw it on the charger about every 3 weeks. Output is full power for about 20-30 min, then slowly begins to taper off for about 2 more hours. And if you lose it, it was under $30.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...h=706&dpr=1.25

Attachment 32238

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’ve had a couple of the non-rechargeable versions of this, and the larger rechargeable version, for quite some time, and still can’t find anything wrong with any of them.

I want to like the stiletto, but this post really strikes home for me.
    I love the microstream, I have been carrying the black one for a while and was not aware of the Coyote one (which actually is a dark brown, almost coppery color) until this thread. I wished they had offered the 10 tap program ability that they offer in other lights, because I wanted the higher output first. Since getting the Coyote one, the black one has been given to my daughter. These lights are handy and very economical. I ordered the Stiletto because I also carry a Tactician every day and would like to have a thinner light to carry.

www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Site Supporter
    So have we abandoned the idea of the strike bezel and popping folks in the head with the flashlight? It's now just a light? I did bop a 3D dummy in the head with a Surefire cylindrical model at the old NTI when they gave us a revolver with only three rounds. I was chastized as I was supposed to pick up a tennis racket for the bopping. Functional fixedness I guess. My plan was to turn up the light in the dummy's eyes and then bop him.

I have a zillion Surefires of various sizes in the inventory. My wife and kid have them. I don't need another - please!

EDC is a E1D, I smoothed the squarish bezel corners to keep it from eating my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    Attachment 32561
    Here it is next to an EDCL1 and EDCL2. It's a thin light but it's wider in the pocket than the tube lights.
    Thank you that is perfect. I currently have the edcl1-t so this give me a great perspective. It’s a great light but there’s a couple cons to it that I think the Stiletto might not have.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Amazon links because:IMTJ

Black: https://amzn.to/2DxeDHb

Coyote: https://amzn.to/2DfdP9e
    Damnit. That’s just about perfect for me.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So have we abandoned the idea of the strike bezel and popping folks in the head with the flashlight? It's now just a light?
    Well, I mean a non-strike bezel end like on the EDCL1/2 is still significantly harder than someone's skin. So I think it would still be effective in that roll without shredding your pockets?
    Adam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So have we abandoned the idea of the strike bezel and popping folks in the head with the flashlight? It's now just a light? I did bop a 3D dummy in the head with a Surefire cylindrical model at the old NTI when they gave us a revolver with only three rounds. I was chastized as I was supposed to pick up a tennis racket for the bopping. Functional fixedness I guess. My plan was to turn up the light in the dummy's eyes and then bop him.

I have a zillion Surefires of various sizes in the inventory. My wife and kid have them. I don't need another - please!

EDC is a E1D, I smoothed the squarish bezel corners to keep it from eating my pants.
    My preference is a non-crenelated bezel that extends out from the lens. Crenelations might cause some surface lacerations but really don’t contribute to the forcefulness of the blow. They also might prevent your being able to take your flashlight somewhere if it is identified as a weapon.

One reason I bought a Malkoff Bodyguard V2 with a shrouded switch is that it is the perfect combination of a flashlight and impact weapon.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List