Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    And when upgraded from the P60 to the P61 lamp, it was really something special.

From an ad: "SureFire Ultra High Output P61 Lamp Assembly gives you a scorching 120 lumens of white light with a 20 minute runtime."
    Ah, yes... I remember that well. There’s still a G2 with a P61 lamp in my closet pistol safe. Seemed so incredibly bright at the time.

Yes to the P61!

Hey, does this mean my cell phone is - dare I say it? - tactical?

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Hey, does this mean my cell phone is - dare I say it? - tactical?
    I don't know, but at a recent martial arts camp, we did a session on using cell phones as weapons (plywood trainer phones).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Looks like the body buttons on the Pro are recessed, or at least less prominent than the standard. That should help with the accidental activation, will see if it's enough.
    How widespread is the "accidental activation" problem. This is the first I've heard of it (but I don't keep up on the flashlight scene).
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How widespread is the "accidental activation" problem. This is the first I've heard of it (but I don't keep up on the flashlight scene).
    It melted the Oakley lens cloth in my pocket. Think Doc Glock had a similar thing happen.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Google led me a thread on M4C that leads me to believe it's common.

I guess I'll wait and see how the Pro does with heat and light ADs. I really like the concept.
    David S.

Google led me a thread on M4C that leads me to believe it's common. I guess I'll wait and see how the Pro does with heat and light ADs. I really like the concept.
    I suspect there are some that don't experience it, but the design makes it more common than it should be. When belt-clipped into most pockets, the clip faces out and the buttons in, in an almost perfect alignment with the pocket seam. When the pants move the seam tightens and activates the light. When I throw mine loose into a bag, I sometimes find it on so I leave the bezel button programmed to L-M-H.

On the new version, a little shielding around the button will help. So will reversing the pocket clip and getting the buttons to a looser part of the pocket.
    Last edited by ST911; 12-01-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

The accidental activation thing is real. I've melted a synthetic-ish shirt with mine. Sitting on a motorcycle in cold weather. Didn't feel it because everything was cold. Didn't see it because I was wearing a jacket over the shirt.

I still carry the Stiletto pretty much every day. On most days the consequences of a rare accidental activation do not outweigh the utility and form factor of the light. In instances where they might, I carry a different light.

Looking forward to getting hands on the improved version.

FWIW, I’ve carried mine for a year now, every day, on duty and off, and have never had an accidental activation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    FWIW, I’ve carried mine for a year now, every day, on duty and off, and have never had an accidental activation.
    I’ve had mine for about a year now, and may have accidentally activated it one, maybe two times. But because it is in the low – medium - high selection mode, it always comes on in the low, so no heat issue.
    I prefer this sequence for EDC, as I can always get to the high mode with the button on the back using my thumb in a Hammer-fist type grasp.

User Tag List