Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

I like the current one enough to get the Pro. The reversible clip should not only lead to fewer accidental activations, but also mitigate the ones that slip through.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Did Surefire ever get back to you on this. Mine is doing the same thing.
    I sent it back. I think they sent me a new one. Light works fine now.

The low should be lower. Weird it went from 5 to 25 for the low

Well, after watching this I decided to go ahead and order one.

I'm pretty happy with my EDCL1-T, but would really like something slimmer in my pocket and have been wanting a rechargeable option anyways. I've thought about getting the standard model a few times, but Ihave waited for the pro mostly for the reversible clip.

It can be hard to tell from videos, but I like the way the beam looks. I would have probably preferred a 5 lumen low mode with longer battery life also, but since its rechargeable I'm willing to see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    [video=youtube;Y6aYUjs0XeU]I would have probably preferred a 5 lumen low mode . . .
    Do we have any clue how bright the flashlight mode on typical smart phones are? I'd make a completely uneducated guess it's something like 5-10 lumens. ASSuming that's true, having a brighter option task light appeals to me personally.

YMMV.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Do we have any clue how bright the flashlight mode on typical smart phones are? I'd make a completely uneducated guess it's something like 5-10 lumens. ASSuming that's true, having a brighter option task light appeals to me personally.

YMMV.
    That’s a valid point. In the past I’ve tried not to use my phone for that purpose just to preserve the battery, but that’s not as much of an issue with the new phone since I can get through multiple days on a charge.

The low level honestly isn’t that important to me overall though. As long as it doesn’t burn a hole in my pocket from coming on unintentionally then I think it will be a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

YMMV.
    I went to the google machine, apparently up to 50 lumens.

(take this with a grain of salt of course)
    https://www.quora.com/How-bright-is-...-on-the-iPhone

My phone light is definitely above the lowest mode on my Fenix, which is 10 lumens. I would guess approx 50.

Heh, remember when 65 lumens was the ultimate in “tactical” output? Wasn’t that long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Heh, remember when 65 lumens was the ultimate in “tactical” output? Wasn’t that long ago...
    And when upgraded from the P60 to the P61 lamp, it was really something special.

From an ad: "SureFire Ultra High Output P61 Lamp Assembly gives you a scorching 120 lumens of white light with a 20 minute runtime."
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List