Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'm eyeballing them, too, Rich. Heck, get one for her as well. At that price, they're practically stocking stuffers.
    I'll let you know how that goes.

Site Supporter
    I have a Surefire Titan Plus that went dead on me one day. It wasn't the battery because I'd put a freshly charged battery in it not too long before it broke. I dropped it in my pocket and went on about my day, but a little while later I felt a burning sensation on my leg. I pulled the flashlight out and the lamp was extremely hot. Surefire repaired/replaced the lamp, and it works fine now. I'm a little leary of it though, and these Stiletto problems don't inspire confidence. Hopefully the $20 Sidekicks I ordered don't cause problems for the people who will receive them as Christmas gifts.

I see one of two things happening — a recall by Surefire or a hasty order for a bunch of JM kydex pocket holsters to accompany each light.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Wow. That’s outright dangerous. Those things should be recalled immediately IMO. That’s quite disappointing. How does that not come about in testing?!
    My experience years ago with the EB1T I briefly owned led me to question what kind of testing is done. Years ago, Surefire was running ads showing “the boys from R &D” as a dynamic entry team. The fact that they originally used the same firmware as for the EB1C, ensuring that a second momentary activation within 2 seconds of using the light would bring up low mode regardless of the level of pressure, showed me that these were no longer the boys from R & D. This is likely why we see the issues with the Stiletto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Well, in what may be a first, PF has saved me some cash. This one was on my wish list.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Hammertime
    The more I think about it the more I think it should be recalled and redesigned. I love the dual switch idea since I use flashlights 10x more underhand than overhand.

Imagine if something like this ignites a bag on a commercial airliner!

RMA issued and its going back.

A little sad because it was amazing on a dark run today.

I actually had a similar experience with a new e1b-mv. One day I was at work and I felt my leg getting hot. I thought I had someone spilled hot coffee on myself. It kept getting hotter and hotter and finally I stood up and realized it was something in my pocket. I took out the light and it was too hot to hold. It got so hot it caused the glass to bubble. Surefire replaced it but I sold the new one and moved on to a different light.

The cap had some wiggle in it and it would cause the light to come on without depressing the switch. I’ve found it to be a problem with both surefire lights I’ve owned.

Edit I have no idea why the knife picture is showing up. Can a mod remove it?
    Last edited by JCS; 12-10-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Hammertime
    I just ran the light on high for half an hour. I can touch the metal tip to my skin. Warm, but not burning.

If it is on high, and you point the beam at your palm it will absolutely burn your skin in a small central spot.

So heat management is okay unless something is actually laying directly across the lens.

I put it in high laying directly on some thin paper for a minute. No burn marks or anything. Maybe it just hates polyester.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I just ran the light on high for half an hour. I can touch the metal tip to my skin. Warm, but not burning.

If it is on high, and you point the beam at your palm it will absolutely burn your skin in a small central spot.

So heat management is okay unless something is actually laying directly across the lens.

I put it in high laying directly on some thin paper for a minute. No burn marks or anything. Maybe it just hates polyester.
    I’ve had mine banging in a pocket against a J Frame and I can’t even get it to turn on spontaneously like some. Maybe I should try some Barry White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This forum costs me so much money.

Just ordered one with the ballistic radio discount ( thanks!)

Merry Christmas eb07

User Tag List