Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It turned on twice in my pocket so far already this morning. But on the bright side, it works pretty decent as a hand warmer on a cold day.
    Stop wearing skinny jeans that are so tight it rubs against the switch?

Can you remove the rubber cover over the buttons without damaging the light? Might be worth removing it to see if it's that the rubber is "too big" and causing accidental activation?

But on the bright side...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Hammertime
    I am done with this thing in the pocket.

I recommend not switching the order to High-Med-Low because then when it turns on in pocket it doesn’t burn holes.

I am about done with the Stiletto. Besides coming on in a pocket, I worry about it starting a fire if bumped in a pack or luggage.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Just using mine in the headlamp or utility light role, no longer pocket carrying. Didn't like having the find the button to turn it on. Back to a tailcap switch tube light. But dang, that's a hot pocket.
    Adam

Hammertime
    I am about done with the Stiletto. Besides coming on in a pocket, I worry about it starting a fire if bumped in a pack or luggage.
    Yeah. I showed it to wife and she said “return it, what if it comes on in a drawer when you throw something else in it?”

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Yeah. I showed it to wife and she said “return it, what if it comes on in a drawer when you throw something else in it?”
    Sharp wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collective thoughts as to the necessity and\or utility of a kydex pouch molded for one?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I am done with this thing in the pocket.

I recommend not switching the order to High-Med-Low because then when it turns on in pocket it doesn’t burn holes.
    Pretty intense. Looks like my arm/sweatshirt after getting stiched by some sim rounds at contact distance.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

After finally receiving my Stiletto, I am less than impressed with the design. First, the shape is kinda weird. The tapered body makes it difficult to activate the tailswitch. It feels like I am going to squeeze it out of my hand if I were to grip it too hard. I don't mind the three different modes of activation for the side switch, but I prefer the simplicity of the Streamlight Microstream USB and then having the Tactician as my full power light. I have not had it accidentally activated in my pocket yet but seeing what is happening to others, I'm out.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List