Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Hopefully the $20 Sidekicks I ordered don't cause problems for the people who will receive them as Christmas gifts.
    They’re solid. I have to work, and dig deep with tne tip of my thumb to switch it on. Plus, the first setting is 5 lumens. You have to hit the button pretty hard three times to get to the setting that would burn a cat from across the room...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I see one of two things happening — a recall by Surefire or a hasty order for a bunch of JM kydex pocket holsters to accompany each light.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    They’re solid. I have to work, and dig deep with tne tip of my thumb to switch it on. Plus, the first setting is 5 lumens. You have to hit the button pretty hard three times to get to the setting that would burn a cat from across the room...
    That's good to know. It's not that I don't trust you, but maybe I should keep one for myself, you know, just to be absolutely certain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I’ve had mine banging in a pocket against a J Frame and I can’t even get it to turn on spontaneously like some. Maybe I should try some Barry White.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it is in the same pocket as the J frame or any other gun, I would encourage switching to a different pocket so that nothing can work it’s way into the trigger area. While a good pocket holster should prevent this while it is being carried, reholstering could present a risk.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Surefire Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If it is in the same pocket as the J frame or any other gun, I would encourage switching to a different pocket so that nothing can work it’s way into the trigger area. While a good pocket holster should prevent this while it is being carried, reholstering could present a risk.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I prefer it my way. I’m not sure which “other pocket” is available when I keep everything except a J Frame and a clipped to pocket light in my left pocket. There is literally nothing to work into the trigger guard. Nothing. I remove the pocket holster to reholster. I’m not sure what, if any, actual benefit you comment has. But... thanks for it anyway!

Last edited by Sigfan26; 12-10-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Well it looks like it’ll fit perfectly in the flashlight pocket of my Carhartt pants so I ordered one. If I don’t like it at least I’ll still have it. I’ve spent more and had less to show for it.

Of all my EDC gear, I use a flashlight the most, knife second, and gun never.

Wow! I can hardly wait for mine to get here. Maybe next time I wait for the early reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You can reserve the order from Low-Medium-High to High-Medium-Low on the Sidekick. I don't recall how to do it (I did mine a couple of years ago), but it is possible.
    True, but then you run the risk of frying the pocket of your knock-off southnarc™️ Brioni pants.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    This forum costs me so much money.

Just ordered one with the ballistic radio discount ( thanks!)

Merry Christmas eb07
    And just got a shipping notice.

I’ve carried mine on and off-duty for a week now. I like the light, and have had no instances of it getting activated in my pocket. Even after I fell down a snow-covered hill during a foot pursuit (which I did for the benefit of testing the light for fellow P-F members), it stayed off.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I’ve carried mine on and off-duty for a week now. I like the light, and have had no instances of it getting activated in my pocket. Even after I fell down a snow-covered hill during a foot pursuit (which I did for the benefit of testing the light for fellow P-F members), it stayed off.
    I haven’t done that... But I’ve stood up, sat down, and dropped trou with it in my pocket a lot without NLD (negative light discharge)

User Tag List