Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

traveling to italy in may, solid choice to carry as to avoid the "tactical" look of others?
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

A large batch of these has been distributed around me, and running around turning them off is becoming a bit of a hobby.

Any new hacks, internal mod or in programming, to disable the primary switch?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    traveling to italy in may, solid choice to carry as to avoid the "tactical" look of others?
    Way late response, and I hope your Italy trip went well, but I figured I'd address it since the conversation is still going. To answer your question, yes and no.

When carried in a carry-on bag, I've had no issues with it at airports. When sent through the X-ray in a tray with other pocket litter, I've been questioned by TSA about it because of it's appearance being somewhat similar to a folding knife.

I've also been stopped and questioned about it when entering a "weapon-free" concert venue because the pants I was wearing were chino type and the security person keyed up on the pocket clip. Had I been wearing jeans and carrying the light in the hip crease, it would have gone unnoticed. So, it was a "tell" that got me extra attention.

I've never had a flashlight confiscated during domestic or international travel, but be aware of the Stiletto's similarity in appearance to a folder.

I'd also say that if one was taking a flashlight into a controlled area, there are better options for lights that can be used as defensive tools.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Looks cool.

Two initial thoughts:
    1. “Wow - costs twice as much ($230 vs $110) as the old Stiletto to go from 650-1000 lumens.”
    2. Remembering the discernible, but not dramatic difference between the original Stiletto’s medium (250 lm) and high (supposedly 650 lm), wondering how much brighter the new 1000 lm will actually seem.

Not sure I have a case of the “wants” for this. But I’d be interested to compare them side-by-side and see if there was a significant difference. It would take a lot to justify twice the price, though.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 11-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.

I *love* my sidekick, its on me daily even when I have a bigger light.

I'm hoping the Stiletto Pro leads to a great non-Pro black friday deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Looks cool.

Two initial thoughts:
    1. “Wow - costs twice as much ($230 vs $110) as the old Stiletto to go from 650-1000 lumens.”
    2. Remembering the discernible, but not dramatic difference between the original Stiletto’s medium (250 lm) and high (supposedly 650 lm), wondering how much brighter the new 1000 lm will actually seem.

Not sure I have a case of the “wants” for this. But I’d be interested to compare them side-by-side and see if there was a significant difference. It would take a lot to justify twice the price, though.
    I want it mainly because you can reverse the clip now and carry it bezel down— but I don’t want it enough to pay $230. I’ll wait for Black Friday or a coupon code.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Burned once, twice shy

Looks like the body buttons on the Pro are recessed, or at least less prominent than the standard. That should help with the accidental activation, will see if it's enough.

No mention of a lockout feature in the lit so far.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    Got one yesterday. I plugged it in to charge and the light turned on and gave off a super low, maybe one lumen, beam. It's been doing this non-stop since yesterday. The light seems to function normally but anytime I don't turn it on there is a super low beam coming from the led.

I sent an email off to surefire CS. Anyone else experience this? I can't find anything in the manual or googling.
    Did Surefire ever get back to you on this. Mine is doing the same thing.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List