Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    The light it throws is a broad, very uniform pattern. Good for lighting up a wide area, but not at all good for projecting light beyond about 7-10 yards, or for putting a LOT of light in a particular spot (my SF EDCL2-T is very good for that).
    So it’s not as useful for scanning the land behind my house for coyotes when taking the dog out at night..
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I live in a rural area and need the same ability to see predators beyond 50 yards. I've done side by sides with my Stiletto, Tactician, and EDCL2-T and have had the same result that you report.

I read Surfire's white paper here on choosing lights: https://www.surefire.com/how_to_choose_weaponlights

Maxvision as installed on the Stiletto and my Tactician is a wide spotless beam with limited reach as the trade. TIR is as installed on our EDCL2-T and 1-Ts has both reach and surround light.

I can see multiple times using my day where the TIR wins hands down. My question is when is Maxvision more useful than TIR? I have the context of Shivwork's AMIS and don't see any disadvantage to the TIR when moving in a structure.

I cannot find a discussion on that and it might be worth it's own thread.

Interesting, Surefire does provide a light with both called the Guardian.
    Last edited by underhook; 01-05-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Got one yesterday. I plugged it in to charge and the light turned on and gave off a super low, maybe one lumen, beam. It's been doing this non-stop since yesterday. The light seems to function normally but anytime I don't turn it on there is a super low beam coming from the led.

I sent an email off to surefire CS. Anyone else experience this? I can't find anything in the manual or googling.
    Last edited by NoLock; 01-18-2019 at 11:46 PM.

When mine's off it's off. No super low light emitted.

I am having the turn on in your pocket problem. That's quite annoying.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    Got one yesterday. I plugged it in to charge and the light turned on and gave off a super low, maybe one lumen, beam. It's been doing this non-stop since yesterday. The light seems to function normally but anytime I don't turn it on there is a super low beam coming from the led.

I sent an email off to surefire CS. Anyone else experience this? I can't find anything in the manual or googling.
    I have heard of surefire lights doing this when fully charged, while plugged in to let you know they are charged.

I have been carrying my for a month now with no issues. I am pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have been carrying my for a month now with no issues. I am pleased.
    Same here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PSPr...22R%2314%22%7D

For those not on FB\P&S, at least the original Stiletto model apparently fits just fine in @orionz06 's Koala pouch, and in a manner that prevents the side-buttons from being accidentally actuated. While I'd still love to see a high-ride\bezel-down kydex pouch, this is pretty cool to me. I guess I'll have to order another Koala up for date-nights...

For those whom have had negative experiences with pocket or bag carry, this might be a low-cost way to keep the Stiletto in use. Not to mention, it's DSG gear and adjustable to fit a broad range of double-stack magazines, so it can always be recycled to another usage if the Stiletto still gets passed on.

https://darkstargear.com/product/koala/

Heck, you might even be able to squirrel away the charging cable at the bottom of the pouch, depending on where you have the travel stop installed, if you don't normally hit the road with the appropriate cable.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

My Stiletto thoughts: GTG. Bright, broad, useful beam. Not a beam for focused spot at distance but very utilitarian. UI and body/tail switching is fine. Doesn't look like a fighting flashlight, non-combative appearance. Very flat in the pocket, light, easy carry. Polymer can be engraved to deter sticky fingers. Clip stays on a ball cap or gear. Recessed rear switch less compatible with some flashlight techniques, but others okay.

Want: lock-out switch, case color options, lanyard/biner attachment molded at the rear to lash light to gear, option to program body switch to be L/M/H level only.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    option to program body switch to be L/M/H level only.
    I hear that V2 will be "lockout," 5 lumens, 250 lumens, 650 lumens, and "paypal Loretta Sanchez."

Too soon?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Been carrying mine for a few months now, on and off duty. Still no accidental activation in my pocket.

However, it gets pretty hot very fast. I used mine to clear a house last week, and it got uncomfortable quickly.

User Tag List