Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Surefire Stiletto

I just bought a second Malkoff Bodyguard2. Nothing I’ve tried comes close in brightness to size ratio. It’s as bright as the Stiletto Pro.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I miss those Raven clips. So simple.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    If you're willing to go ever so slightly wider - 0.9" x 4.5" - I'd highly recommend the Eagletac D25LC2 as a EDC 'Slim Tactical/Utility Light.'
    EagTac has an SST-20 High CRI(95+) LED option! Now I'm looking at them.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    EagTac has an SST-20 High CRI(95+) LED option! Now I'm looking at them.
    Not sure if they offer that SST in the D25LC2, but the D25 is available in the Nichia 219C, CRI92.

Myself I never got into tints; so long as its not dollar store blue I'm happy with the beam color.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Not sure if they offer that SST in the D25LC2, but the D25 is available in the Nichia 219C, CRI92.

Myself I never got into tints; so long as its not dollar store blue I'm happy with the beam color.
    It is an EagTac D25LC2 MKII I found on a website; the company may be modifying them? Not sure, I put one in my cart and then quit looking.
    Good idea staying away from "tints" -- once you get something with a high CRI you realize how much it helps. I should never have bought one, now I'm hooked and appreciate the subtle differences a high CRI LED brings without washing out everything with brightness.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    It is an EagTac D25LC2 MKII I found on a website; the company may be modifying them? Not sure, I put one in my cart and then quit looking.
    Good idea staying away from "tints" -- once you get something with a high CRI you realize how much it helps. I should never have bought one, now I'm hooked and appreciate the subtle differences a high CRI LED brings without washing out everything with brightness.
    Nice, I just found the website you were referring to; it may be either a new model or a custom variant for that webstite.

In terms of performance, here's how the regular XM-L2 U4 performs at 1150lm out the front.

50 yards to wall, at night:

50 yards, Eagletac D25LC2 (photo blurry because hard to camera with one hand holding a light)

So for 'Pistol' applications, theres plenty of light and spill at 50 yards to both ID a distant target, and illuminate the surrounding area and foreground.

Site Supporter
    Where are Eagtac flashlights made?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Where are Eagtac flashlights made?
    China.

I try to buy made in the USA/Japan/EU whenever I can, but for Flashlights, China makes the worlds most advanced, and has for the last 10+ years.

Surefire and Malkoff still dont have a light as advanced as my 2009 era Foursevens Quark, for example. A $200 Modlite OKW puts out 69k Candela; a $80 Maxtoch Archer M1 is putting out over 250k Candela from the same 18650 format... and on and on. And there's nothing like the Eagletac D25LC2 - at any price - made in the USA.

So for Fireworks and Flashlights, China is actually leading in quality, not just price.

I only go USA for weapon lights, as the Chinese haven't figured out fully potted electronics for recoil. But for EDC lights, a good Chinese brand is the way to go for most applications in my experience.

User Tag List