Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Received it.

I am on day 2 of wearing it clipped to my left front pocket. The first day I had it unclipped in my left front pocket and it did turn on when I was reaching in to grab my wallet to use the card reader, but my protac 1L-aa did the same thing every once in a while. And yeah they both get hot as .....

I will report back if it turns on while clipped but so far so good.

Pros:
    -Lightweight and slim
    -Bright and the modes are perfect. Low first on side switch. High first on tail cap.
    -Fits in pocket better than a round light

Cons:
    - Should have a reversible clip to carry tail cap up if you desired
    - Have to send it back to surefire to replace batteries to keep warranty in tact. Not sure I like that. Pretty much you are leasing it for a couple years until you have to pay to have it serviced.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount code!
    Last edited by eb07; 12-19-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Surefire Stiletto

Carried mine for a couple days. Clipped, loose in pocket, and loose in coat pocket. Hasn’t turned on yet when I didn’t want it to.

The slim design carries very well.

I fully expect to lose this sooner or later, so if the battery lasts a couple years that’s fine with me. I’ve never given or thrown away a flashlight, I just can’t find it anymore. :shrug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 12-19-2018 at 01:50 PM.

So far so good.

I've been carrying mine in the left front pocket along the inguinal crease, same as my folder in the right pocket. No issues with light AD. It may be that the side button presses into soft tissue there vs. pressing into the side of the pelvis or femur.

The 1-way clip means using a different draw than with the bezel down (dig the thumb in deeper before drawing it out of the pocket), but the flashlight is something you can stage in your hand.

Am I the only one who wishes there was a good way to have a Raven o-ring on theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Received it.

I am on day 2 of wearing it clipped to my left front pocket. The first day I had it unclipped in my left front pocket and it did turn on when I was reaching in to grab my wallet to use the card reader, but my protac 1L-aa did the same thing every once in a while. And yeah they both get hot as .....

I will report back if it turns on while clipped but so far so good.

Pros:
    -Lightweight and slim
    -Bright and the modes are perfect. Low first on side switch. High first on tail cap.
    -Fits in pocket better than a round light

Cons:
    - Should have a reversible clip to carry tail cap up if you desired
    - Have to send it back to surefire to replace batteries to keep warranty in tact. Not sure I like that. Pretty much you are leasing it for a couple years until you have to pay to have it serviced.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount code!
    Can the clip be used to wedge a rubber finger O ring under ?

Need some way to use the light hand without having to totally drop the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Can the clip be used to wedge a rubber finger O ring under ?

Need some way to use the light hand without having to totally drop the light.
    Not sure an oring would work because the gap is large at the top but running a loop of string as my protac has above through the hole in top of the clip would work great

I've had mine about a week or so. I've carried it for a few patrol shifts as well as off duty in jeans. So far no issues with it coming on unintentionally. I've long wanted a backup to the Stinger on my duty belt but until now haven't found the right combo of bulk and output.

Am I the only person running around with a Stiletto pretending to be Jame T Kirk with a Type I phaser?

Well, it’s not bad for tucking into an AIWB slot with a knife in the other; it’s larger and heavier than a micro streamlight, but it’s also quite a bit brighter. Works well with booty shorts for PT or flattering pants for date night.

I wish there was a software option to disable the side buttons.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

I’ve had mine for a couple weeks now. I was certainly concerned after hearing about them turning on in pockets, but carrying mine daily has resulted in no accidental activations. I’m really liking it for several reasons.

For a bed-side light it offers zero chance of roll, immediate access to low mode for that late night bathroom trip, early morning coffee pot activation, or checking on the kids, but a just as quick and very “tactical” momentary high mode that overrides what’re was done before.

As an EDC light, it does the same with light weight and a flat (albeit fairly wide) profile. I thought I’d carry it as a “trial” for a week or so and go back to my Tactician. At this point, it’s staying. The hard part is that it’s such a good fit as a bedside light I might just have to get another...

Site Supporter
    I like many of the same things that SoCalDep describes.
    Flat profile ensures no rolling on bedside table. Low setting is great for navigating a dark room without being blinding. Easy to carry in a pocket - it will probably become my go-to for taking to movie theaters.

Other observations:
    The light it throws is a broad, very uniform pattern. Good for lighting up a wide area, but not at all good for projecting light beyond about 7-10 yards, or for putting a LOT of light in a particular spot (my SF EDCL2-T is very good for that).
    So it’s not as useful for scanning the land behind my house for coyotes when taking the dog out at night.

On brightness: the 250 lumens is quite bright and useful at close range. The strange this is, the 650 lumen setting doesn’t seem that much brighter, and nothing like twice as bright. I guess it’s because the light is more evenly distributed across a large area, but I’m a bit disappointed in the brightness and throw of the 650 level - nothing like a Fury with comparable lumen output.

I thought this would be an ideal light for my airplane preflight duties, and for parts that are up close, it’s great. But it just doesn’t have the intensity and throw to put enough light on a big Boeing tail at 40-50’ slant range. So now if I bring it on my travels, it’s an “additional” flashlight, not a “does it all” flashlight.

I also like the rechargability - it beats needing to have 123 batteries on hand all the time.

Bottom line- as an EDC or backup light, it’s nice. But less useful for tasks where you need a lot of light projected at any distance.

User Tag List