Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Stiletto

Hammertime
    After a lot of back and forth, I have settled on a small flashlight with a side button near the head. It is just so much more useful for flashlight stuff than tactical tail switching lights. I have used it for years.

This looks intriguing, just enough so for me to want to try it.

For small EDC light chores, I recently picked up a Streamlight Microstream USB light. VERY small in the pocket, two modes (100 or 250 lumen) and built in micro usb charger. The black finished light defaults to 100 lumen and goes to 250 with the double tap. Coyote finish light defaults to 250 and goes to 100 lumen with the double tap. For under $30 bucks you cant beat it. I throw it on the charger about every 3 weeks. Output is full power for about 20-30 min, then slowly begins to taper off for about 2 more hours. And if you lose it, it was under $30.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...h=706&dpr=1.25

Name:  Streamlight-MicroStream-USB-flashlight-edc-tool-rechargeable-2.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  43.2 KB
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Amazon links because:IMTJ

Black: https://amzn.to/2DxeDHb

Coyote: https://amzn.to/2DfdP9e
    Ah, sorry... Thanks for the correction!

(Oh, Mods here are shit... but not in this case...)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Is the rechargeable battery on the Streamlight 66608 user replaceable? I looked through Streamlight's website, and it said the internal battery was only good for 300 charging cycles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    That clip is in a weird place. Columbia River had a knife with a clip in the same position that I was 100% sure I was going to purchase as a Christmas present one year until I somehow ended up in a LGS who was also a stocking dealer. Once I slid it in my pocket I changed my mind.
    By the way 4 pages and one like. U all suck.
    Name:  85A9C204-B96E-4C11-B971-C8B84A5B040A.jpeg
Views: 981
Size:  24.9 KB

Hammertime
    I also like that the Stilletto won’t roll away when it is set down.

Ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Is the rechargeable battery on the Streamlight 66608 user replaceable? I looked through Streamlight's website, and it said the internal battery was only good for 300 charging cycles.
    You can pop the endcap off the Microstream USB same way it came off on the Microstreams that took AAA batteries. Replacement cell part number is 66607 according to Streamlight's site.

Excellent, thank you very much. Ordered the coyote one through Tom's affiliate link. I'll pick up a spare battery too.

Student
    Mine arrived. We'll see how it goes.Name:  IMG_20181114_2110369-02.jpg
Views: 1882
Size:  45.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Mine is supposed to be arriving tomorrow. I hope the "5" lumen mode is brighter than the "5" lumen Sidekick mode.
    Adam

User Tag List