Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do You Have A Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'll be more blunt. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever read.
    Noted. Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Related:
    I'm curious as to how many forum members---excluding LEO and .mil---have experienced scenarios where they actually drew & fired due to a violent encounter.
    2 guys tried to rob me while I was putting my lunch box in my car one night. I drew but didn't have to shoot.

Twice someone started shooting in close proximity to me I took cover and drew but didn't have to fire

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Related:
    I'm curious as to how many forum members---excluding LEO and .mil---have experienced scenarios where they actually drew & fired due to a violent encounter.
    I enacted violence on a person in defense of another one time, but it was hands on as opposed to using a weapon.

I came very close to having to draw my weapon in another incident facing multiple potential assailants but fortunately it didn't come to that. What a relief.

I've been in a few other situations in which not being in Condition White served me well.

I'm glad none of the above are very exciting.

Great Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

The other day I came home from work and found a bum sleeping in the entry way of my apartment building. I told him if he didn't get up and leave immediately I was going to call the cops. He told me to Fxxk off and I pulled out my phone (I've noticed that the guys who dare you to call the cops leave the second you do) and he left.

Later I talked to my wife about it and we decided that if she ran into a tweaker like that she was not to enter the building. If she was coming out she was to go back to the apartment and call security or the cops.

We've also discussed that in the event of trouble while we're out and about she is to get away from me and out of the (potential) line of fire. Last night we stopped at Walmart on the way home from church and some guy came stumbling up to our car on his way into the store. Nothing happened but he seemed off so I just kind of kept an eye on him. The guy was in his mid forties and had his pants dragging so low his ass (not his boxers, his ASS) was half exposed and he was stumbling like he was drunk. After he passed I turned around and my wife has moved to the front of the car away from me as planned.

My wife is handicapped and has to use an electric cart in the store, we've also discussed that while I take the cart back to the store she's to get in the car and start it. If anything happens she is to leave and she can come back later to pick me up.

So I said all that to ask this "Does anyone else plan this stuff out with your Spouse/SO?" Do you have a basic idea what each person is supposed to do in an emergency? Or am I overthinking?
    Really appreciate you sharing this. I'm new to the site but found your thinking spot on and insightful. My wife and I do not have plans for these types of situations, but we really should. She's more of a preparer than I am, but it's time to have more of these discussions.

Anyway, just appreciated you putting this up and asking the questions.

User Tag List