Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have A Plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Is Googling "Boston Leather Midget" going to drastically alter the ads Google targets me with?
    Yes. Yes it will. Or so I've heard...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Is Googling "Boston Leather Midget" going to drastically alter the ads Google targets me with?
    “Boston Leather Midget Skinny Jeans” is the combo you don’t want to search...trust me.

Site Supporter

With all due respect, you'll have to tell us whether it will "drastically alter" what you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    And she knows that if she's gonna get car jacked, that she should ram everything in sight. What hoodlum wants to hang around a huge accident scene, and a car not worth stealing anymore?
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how that is helpful. If she disables her car, gets hit by the airbags, and trapped in a metal box, where's the advantage? What's the difference between a claim for a stolen car and an intentionally wrecked car? Can't the carjacker just reach in like a helpful bystander and take her phone, purse, and anything else?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    “Boston Leather Midget Skinny Jeans” is the combo you don’t want to search...trust me.
    sounds like a job for TOR.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Last week my wife and I went to Key Largo and Key West for a few days. (Key Largo's not too bad, but Key West is a tourist trap with the drunks street people etc.)

Anyway we were having breakfast in Key Largo before heading to the airport in Miami. I see this guy (50's) walking through the parking lot towards the door. He has a Man Purse over his Right Shoulder and his Right Hand is inside the purse, like he's holding something. He acts like he's either looking for someone, or deciding what to do. He keeps his hand like that as he enters the establishment and still acts like he's deciding what to do. He walks around the corner of the counter gets a menu and sits down for less than a minute, looks around some more and then leaves.

He was pretty sketchy to say the least. As I saw him in the parking lot approaching the door, I got a grip on my Glock 43 in it's pocket holster. I didn't draw, just prepared to.

The good thing was my wife saw the look on my face and she didn't even question what I was doing and why, guess she's been married to a cop too long... she had noticed him right after I had.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Related:
    I'm curious as to how many forum members---excluding LEO and .mil---have experienced scenarios where they actually drew & fired due to a violent encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Related:
    I'm curious as to how many forum members---excluding LEO and .mil---have experienced scenarios where they actually drew & fired due to a violent encounter.
    1x Draw, fired, and killed an aggressive dog that had just killed my sister's cat

0x Humans for drawing and firing

1x Humans drawing a knife (but did not have to use it)

0.5x Humans for drawing a gun (hand was on the holstered gun, but drawing it became unnecessary)
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-25-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out how that is helpful. If she disables her car, gets hit by the airbags, and trapped in a metal box, where's the advantage? What's the difference between a claim for a stolen car and an intentionally wrecked car? Can't the carjacker just reach in like a helpful bystander and take her phone, purse, and anything else?
    Im not concerned about the car. She won’t be able to know if the carjacking could escalate into something worse. My point is, that if she’s out of escape options, wreck stuff. She can understand that

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Im not concerned about the car. She won’t be able to know if the carjacking could escalate into something worse. My point is, that if she’s out of escape options, wreck stuff. She can understand that
    I'll be more blunt. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever read.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List