Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have A Plan?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    That’s the good thing about living out in Bufu; the only thing likely to surprise me is a deer with a weird sleep schedule, or a trash panda.

Deer will hit the road; raccoons will challenge you to trial by combat for property rights.

One of my favorite things about Colorado Springs is the wildlife that we have in abundance here. We literally have bears wandering into pizza shops downtown and seeing deer is a daily occurrence. I've been very lucky working as a security guard that most of the time I'm assigned to "remote" sites where no one else wants to work and almost every place they send me is animal habitat. I've had run-ins with bears, mountain lions and bighorn sheep. I found a bobcat sleeping on top of a chicken coop one night. I got bit by a baby coyote in the cemetery on morning. I've posted pictures of my fox Spud. Raccoons are a dime a dozen where I'm at now. Unfortunately, on of them has a half a mayonnaise jar stuck on his head. If I could figure out how to get it off his head without getting bit I would.

Last edited by Cypher; 10-23-2018 at 07:18 PM.

My wife had a hard time accepting the idea that she would need to leave me if things got real. Once my son was born, I was deemed sacrificial.

She spends alot of time in her car, so that's where many of our scenario-based discussions go. Luckily, she's OK with smashing someone who's gonna hurt our son, and she knows that driving to a firestation or police station would give a thug pause. And she knows that if she's gonna get car jacked, that she should ram everything in sight. What hoodlum wants to hang around a huge accident scene, and a car not worth stealing anymore?

Also. I don't swear, especially around her or our son. So if my language suddenly gets mad, mean, and filthy, she knows it's a bad deal, and she needs to perk up and ID what's happening

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    And she knows that if she's gonna get car jacked, that she should ram everything in sight. What hoodlum wants to hang around a huge accident scene, and a car not worth stealing anymore?
    I never thought of that. [emoji848] SME’s care to weigh in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, if she can't drive out of it. We had a car jacking near to us, in a parking garage. The thug waited at the stairway at one end of the lot, where the lady was parking her car, and maneuvering out was hard. My wife asked me what she should do, and I told her to ram stuff (as long as it's not a bystander, obviously).
    Last edited by theJanitor; 10-23-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Possums have game. (That hiss'll get your attention.)
    We have a fair bit of possums. Before I let the dogs out at night I hit the flood light to make sure there’s none in (or near) our yard. My rat terrier will vault our 4’ fence like it’s not even there. And guess whose job it is to go get him.

I’ve never shot a possum, because that’s just more work for me, but if they see you walking down the deck steps yelling, “hey, hey, git,” they usually will. Unlike Democrats.
    I don't know what is so attractive about our back yard (I'm guessing the fruit trees), but of our 4 little dogs, Chango is 12 lbs of possum-hating righteous fury. She's killed an even dozen of them so far.

Name:  IMG_0476.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  49.5 KB
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 10-24-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Yes. There are several things my wife and I have worked out in advance.

In the event of a minor car accident, for instance a bump and hustle scam. She is to stay in the car, until she gets the all clear. No discussions with bums/panhandlers ever. Restaurants she waits for me to pick a seat, before sitting down.

When walking the dog, the dog is on my left (I'm right handed) and my wife is on my right. But if someone approaches from the front, she moves behind me and can take the dog without hesitation. If someone approaches from behind, she'll move ahead as I turn to confront them. More than once, I've turned around, rather abruptly on someone who is following us down the street. Every single time, it's been a kid (undergrad or grad student) who is staring at their phone, walking just the right pace to get my hair up. I usually hand my wife the leash as I turn.

This happened ~2 or 3 weeks ago. We were walking the dog about 8pm (his last walk of the evening). I could hear the individual following us, but the pace was wrong, it kept speeding up and slowing down, etc. Finally, he closed to within 8-feet with this weird behavior. So, I handed the dog off to the wife, who stepped right off the sidewalk with the dog and I turned around and used a one hand 'fence' on the dude. As I spun around, I'd already locked my pinky into the loop to draw a midget sap in my pocket, ready to rock this dude's world as necessary.

"Hey man, do you need something?"

He pauses, "Huh?"

"Because you're following us kind of weird."

He looks around and realizes he's been staring at his phone and not paying attention, just 'following traffic'.

"Oh, no, sorry."

"Yea no problem, you just want to be careful out here."

And then I step off the sidewalk where my wife has the dog sitting and watching everything. Ten seconds, perfectly executed in terms of managing unknown contact (MUC) while simultaneously handling both the wife and dog. My wife had moved another 15 feet up the street, towards one of the 'Emergency Poles' that provides instant contact to the university PD with a push of a button (put there when the university owned the building it's in front of).

@RevolverRob

Interested more in the use of the sap. Do you recall if we have a thread here on the use of saps? Have a few questions.

Not an SME but it’s something I’ve given some thought. A little story first:

While not a car-jacking, I read elsewhere about an incident in which a young man lost his life fleeing a robbery at a drive-up ATM. 2 suspects got the jump on him and he got a gun shoved in his face. He decided to floor it, but as he did the lead started flying. Eight shots were fired into his vehicle, five of which hit him. He made it to a friend’s house where an ambulance came and rushed him to the hospital. He underwent surgery but slipped in to a coma and never awoke.

Now, from that I started thinking “damn, he did what I imagine many would do including myself” but unfortunately cars can’t outrun bullets. So my plan is if there’s a gun, feign compliance until hopefully I can get the upper hand and fight like hell. If it’s some sort of melee instrument, peel out.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    @RevolverRob

Interested more in the use of the sap. Do you recall if we have a thread here on the use of saps? Have a few questions.
    Rich,

I'm not sure we do. There are a few sap threads over at TPI - https://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/ - which may be the best place to throw out questions on sap carry/usage. From talking with @SouthNarc, the basic clinch/wrestling type work used to deliver a blade works fairly well with the sap (e.g., the curriculum of EWO), requiring only a few modifications. Especially, if you're using the edge of a flat-sap to do most of your work.

I frankly wish sap legality wasn't a problem in most places. They are much more effective tools than a knife, pepper spray, or a fist in most instances. Using a flat sap (using the flat side) especially on the upper arms, thighs, and shoulder area delivers plenty of pain compliance, with bruising, but no lasting/permanent damage. Using the edge to the jaw/chin or major joints results in serious incapacitation with a good hit (think bone breaking/knockout power). A jab to the chest/stomach/kidneys will do plenty of damage (break ribs, damage organs, etc). The hardest part is carrying the thing. Fortunately, a Boston Leather Midget, fits right into the front pocket of my skinny jeans without an issue.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Rich,

Fortunately, a Boston Leather Midget, fits right into the front pocket of my skinny jeans without an issue.
    Is Googling "Boston Leather Midget" going to drastically alter the ads Google targets me with?

User Tag List