Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have A Plan?

Banned

Do You Have A Plan?

The other day I came home from work and found a bum sleeping in the entry way of my apartment building. I told him if he didn't get up and leave immediately I was going to call the cops. He told me to Fxxk off and I pulled out my phone (I've noticed that the guys who dare you to call the cops leave the second you do) and he left.

Later I talked to my wife about it and we decided that if she ran into a tweaker like that she was not to enter the building. If she was coming out she was to go back to the apartment and call security or the cops.

We've also discussed that in the event of trouble while we're out and about she is to get away from me and out of the (potential) line of fire. Last night we stopped at Walmart on the way home from church and some guy came stumbling up to our car on his way into the store. Nothing happened but he seemed off so I just kind of kept an eye on him. The guy was in his mid forties and had his pants dragging so low his ass (not his boxers, his ASS) was half exposed and he was stumbling like he was drunk. After he passed I turned around and my wife has moved to the front of the car away from me as planned.

My wife is handicapped and has to use an electric cart in the store, we've also discussed that while I take the cart back to the store she's to get in the car and start it. If anything happens she is to leave and she can come back later to pick me up.

So I said all that to ask this "Does anyone else plan this stuff out with your Spouse/SO?" Do you have a basic idea what each person is supposed to do in an emergency? Or am I overthinking?
    Last edited by Cypher; 10-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.

You're not overthinking it. You're being prudent.

We have mostly gone over plans involving a potential home invasion but I have instructed my wife as to what to do if we are out and about and we find ourselves in a situation where I may have to engage someone or someones.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    My wife and I discuss these things as a normal topic. Years ago when I first started bringing this up she would roll her eyes a little, but nowadays she is just as likely to initiate the conversation.

Banned
    FWIW we've also made it policy that when we go out to eat we sit as far away from the front door/cash register and as close to an emergency exit as we can get.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    My wife’s not overly interested in this kind of thing, but she’s smart and she trusts me (the two are not related&#128518.

Living in a fairly rural area with almost zero reasons for anyone to accidentally be in our near our home, we have the luxury of a home invasion plan to be “shoot everyone who’s not me”. Mama bear would do it too. That sounds somewhat flippant, but that’s the gist of it.

Out and about, her and my son know that I’m gonna be the bullet magnet and take one for the team, their job is to run fast and far. Coming back is a whole lot easier than waiting too long to make a run for it. Again, that’s not the entirety of it, but...it also kind of is.

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    we have the luxury of a home invasion plan to be “shoot everyone who’s not me”. Mama bear would do it too. That sounds somewhat flippant, but that’s the gist of it.
    That's pretty much how I put it to my wife in the eventuality I was down and in the aftermath (inside of our home) someone approached or attempted to enter her "safety zone".

I told her that the responding deputies would clearly identify themselves. Anyone else who didn't do so properly and wasn't me was fair game.

It doesn't have to be overly complicated and is better if it's not. I make sure she has available landline, cell, light, gun and additional ammo.

Mrs Sidheshooter and I went through a beta run of Graham Combat’s "A Raindrop" course with a bunch of operationally active DoD personnel from his work a while back. Occasionally, we will be at some restaurant, somewhere, and she will lean forward in random and conspiratorial fashion: “ I bet there is a rack of knives on the wall on the other side of that doorway over there, as well as a sprinkler we can set off to kill the overheads, and the door that goes to the hallway leading to the dock where that Nordstroms outside gets their shipments, if we need to get out of here..."

Other than that, I trust her intuition—which most women have—to sniff out trouble brewing, and she trusts me to take on the obstacle between us and the loading dock.

Every once in a while, it’s like being married to that chick in “Atomic Blonde," complete with 80’s soundtrack.

But usually not.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

^^^^I was picturing Mr. & Mrs. Smith in my mind when I started reading your post, Sidhe....

We haven’t shot at each other, yet.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Yet.

User Tag List