Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round of of Glock grip modifications for carry

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Same. Wider patterns also take a lot less time than thousands of dots. I take a chisel point and drag it. You can see I’ve experimented with other styles but that’s my go-to. You can take an X-point and twist it, that covers a lot of ground fast also.

If it looks like someone had a couple beers and decided to maul their frames...that’s exactly what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grip modifications are probably more of a personal preference thing rather than a purely ergonomics thing.
    That said, I believe most Glock users would benefit from a mild to moderate trigger guard contour (aka undercut) to avoid or eliminate Glock Knuckle. Shooting a few hundred rounds with factory trigger guard vs a contoured trigger guard is like night vs day.

Site Supporter
    On the three Glocks I've owned (all G30S's), I've had to undercut the trigger guard (big hands/fingers), and "rounded off" the edges of the trigger guard as previously mentioned by Rich Jenkins. Those two mods have made a big difference in comfort, especially when shooting a lot. I've have had good results with TALON grips, although this one does not have them....yet.

My 30S is a Gen 3... and I really have no issues that require anything major done.

I did toss in an extended slide release and smooth trigger... both Glock. I do have the Pearce grip plug installed, as it smoothed out the back when inserting the magazine.

Being the 30SF frame, my main changes are due to the magazines I run. I have a few nine rounders with the standard base... more for when I want the gun more compact.

Most of my magazines are the ten rounders, which all have the Pearce bases. Makes the gun feel like a 19 with the magazine in place. Personally, I’m shocked that Glock didn’t license them from Pearce, possibly changing them slightly for the Gen 3 guns (making the molding identical).

And I also have some 13 round 21 magazines, with X-Grip sleeves. Will be going out to PA until I move, since they are so dangerous to public safety.

I remove a little material from a Gen3 or Gen4 to get rid of the Glock knuckle issue and get a better/higher grip.

The finger grooves seem to work for me. That is all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

A plain Gen 4 G17, with none of the packaged add-on things stuck on the back, seems to work for me.

Stipled the frontstrap, 2nd gen G17, with soldering iron.

Did same with 3rd gen G23, after removing finger grooves.

Works for me.

I stipple the grip panels, the front strap, and the bottom of the trigger guard. I've never had an issue with the finger grooves. I also use a GFA to prevent slide bite since my Glocks are Gen 3's.
    Last edited by William B.; 10-23-2018 at 01:45 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Medium grip panel on full size guns, no grip panel on my G4G19s. All of my carry pistols are basically stock, plus sights, gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Medium grip panel on full size guns, no grip panel on my G4G19s. All of my carry pistols are basically stock, plus sights, gadget.
    You mean backstraps? I prefer the same setup (with regards to “grip panels” )
    Last edited by Bucky; 10-23-2018 at 04:56 PM.

User Tag List