Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line of duty death – GCPD Officer Antwan Toney

Line of duty death – GCPD Officer Antwan Toney

The is the official county release:

I am deeply saddened to convey to you the tragic news that one of our own police officers, Antwan Toney, was killed in the line of duty today. Officer Toney was a three-year veteran of the Gwinnett County Police Department. This is a tremendous loss for his family, the department, county government, and the entire community.

Gwinnett County Police Department officers were dispatched to a suspicious vehicle call at Crumps Landing Road and White Road near Shiloh Middle School this afternoon. While working his shift on patrol in the Uniform Division, Officer Toney responded to the scene with other officers. As they approached the suspicious vehicle, shots were fired from inside the vehicle. One of those shots struck Officer Toney. Other responding officers returned fire and pulled him to cover. Officer Toney was transported by ambulance to Gwinnett Medical Center where, despite heroic efforts by his fellow officers, paramedics and hospital staff, he died as a result of his injuries.

Officer Toney’s death is the first felonious assault death in the department since 1964, and his is the first line of duty death since 1993.

I know you will keep Officer Toney’s family as well as the members of the police department in your thoughts and prayers as they grieve for their loved one.

RIP Officer Toney.

Condolences to the family, you and your department. We are diminished.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Been keeping tabs on this as it ain’t too far up the road.

They’ve got one suspect in custody but the shooter is still at large. Hope the little shit pays dearly.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

RIP Officer. May the murderer try something stupid when he’s located.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

RIP, brother. Prayers for the family and friends of this fallen hero.

RIP Sir! Condolences to his family and friends.

Thanks guys. This is my sister department. I'm with the SO. All Officers/Deputies/Special Agents lost in the line of duty diminish us, but when it hits home, it hurts more.

Hearing some reports the scumbag has been located and unconfirmed reports he’s taking a dirt nap.

ETA: Suspect confirmed dead. Good riddance.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/gwi...ered/857490934
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 10-22-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Glad the perp received his just reward.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We are diminished.

User Tag List