Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig M11-A1 Compact vs M11-A1 ARMY Compact

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I own a M11-1 and like it. It has the SRT system and comes with 3 of the 15 round magazines and factory night sights (Meprolight). It has the one piece stainless slide. The only negative might be the long extractor. It is also a decent concealment gun similar in size to a Glock 19. I think Sig uses a heavier than normal hammer spring in the M11-a1 and MK-25 guns.
    Swap the hammer strut and seat with the E2 versions. Cleans the DA up quite a bit. My Mk25 had a significant stack even with a trimmed 17 lb hammer spring until I swapped in the E2 parts. I think all of the Sigs use a stock 21 lb hammer spring.
    Last edited by Leroy; 10-21-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Swap the hammer strut and seat with the E2 versions. Cleans the DA up quite a bit. My Mk25 had a significant stack even with a trimmed 17 lb hammer spring until I swapped in the E2 parts. I think all of the Sigs use a stock 21 lb hammer spring.
    I thought the M11-A1 used the E2 parts?

I didn’t know the Mk25 wasn’t using E2 parts, then again I’ve never taken one apart.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    At first, I thought you were talking about a legit M11-B when you said "army":

As has been said before, regardless of color/style... the current crop of M11 badged guns are 229s, which still have a bunch of MIM innards, likely outsourced. Opinions vary, but my guess is... they're fine, for the most part. But I personally prefer the older guns.

I carried a 229-1 for about two years. For me it concealed about the same as a 19 AIWB with a slight edge to the 229. The rounder butt of the Sig tended to print less when wearing a smedium T-shirt. I also shot the 229 way better than I can shoot a 19.

I’m still trying to remember why I sold that 229.

I did have some early extraction issues with mine. Those issues oddly went away after the first 1,000 rounds though.
    Last edited by MGW; 10-21-2018 at 05:00 PM.

We have two M11 A-1’s, purchased in late ‘16 and early ‘17. One is the FDE and one is the Talo Army Green. Lost count of how many rounds, but both were tested with 500/HST prior to carrying them, along with several hundred Rounds of ball. They’ve ran flawlessly. Both had terrible triggers from the factory; very heavy & gritty, so they went to Sig for the AEP, and came back with great triggers. Both are now wearing E2 grips, and the difference between how each feels is amazing. The newest set on the Army model, is very grippy, and the set on the FDE gun are much smoother, and IMO perfect.
    Great pistols!
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 10-21-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Here is my all-German P228 Rail.

Name:  Sig P228R 2.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  83.4 KB

It is a bit of a rare bird.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Sensei; 10-21-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

That's sweet. So what's the story behind those? They had some leftover stamped slides and put them 229 frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

How well / what distance do the HDs regulate at? I've got a #7 front on mine and it seems a little low at 15 yards; I haven't stretched it out to 25 yet but I'm hoping it hits on at that range. Is it drive-the-dot at 25 on yours? Mine is a bog-standard 228...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    How well / what distance do the HDs regulate at? I've got a #7 front on mine and it seems a little low at 15 yards; I haven't stretched it out to 25 yet but I'm hoping it hits on at that range. Is it drive-the-dot at 25 on yours? Mine is a bog-standard 228...thanks!
    Just an FYI, but Trij makes an entire range of HD front sight heights for the SIG. Optic Planet generally carries most heights.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Just an FYI, but Trij makes an entire range of HD front sight heights for the SIG. Optic Planet generally carries most heights.
    They do? Nice! Thank you!

User Tag List