Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: So, A Man Goes into a Saudi Consulate and...

"I'm going to willfully ignore anything positive and harp on a bunch of non-issues"

I hope the next six years are enjoyable for you.

Site Supporter
    Seems like everyone is speaking a different language.

Some people can't seem to get past that he's narcissistic, demeaning, likely corrupt (but not in a proven, strictly legal sense so far), and possibly incompetent.

Some people will look past ALL of that if we get Supreme Court Justices they approve of and other policies in line with their thinking.

I don't understand the inability to understand both sides. Some people (I'm more in this camp) don't give a shit how he's doing a job, just that it's getting done (again, even if he's taking a bunch of undeserved credit). Is that what I would prefer? No. Is that my standard? Apparently, because I've seen plenty of politicians do the "wrong things the right way."

The options were Hillary, Trump, or 3rd Party and so far 3rd party has been a fantasy no one indulges. Trump is who he is and isn't changing. I don't get the reasons to have the same conversations over and over again, thread after thread.

Site Supporter
    If the Trump Court doesn't do something to undo the threats to the 2nd Amendment, then I don't care if Beer Boy is crucial in becoming an enforcer for the sexuality police. The latter is something Trump Land is all hot for and a push for 2nd Amend. rights has fallen off the train as a priority. Note, saying you 'defend' them is not enough. Trump has vacillated on that enough not to trust him.

Pretty far off the Saudi mess but thread drift is to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If the Trump Court doesn't do something to undo the threats to the 2nd Amendment, then I don't care if Beer Boy is crucial in becoming an enforcer for the sexuality police. The latter is something Trump Land is all hot for and a push for 2nd Amend. rights has fallen off the train as a priority. Note, saying you 'defend' them is not enough. Trump has vacillated on that enough not to trust him.

Pretty far off the Saudi mess but thread drift is to be expected.
    Yes, on what is OUR #1 issue, so far, what exactly has DJT done to advance our interests?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Yes, on what is OUR #1 issue, so far, what exactly has DJT done to advance our interests?
    This is not a relevant query to the topic of events in the Saudi Arabian Embassy.

Bringing the matter back to the thread, here’s the point; it’s Turkeys problem. Let them solve it as they see fit and cast our attention to the problems actually impacting this country.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Zip. Nada. Nothing. Not that Congress has been falling over themselves to do anything, eitber.

We are all bright enough to realize he isn't fond of guns in the hands of the great unwashed, right?

The lack of movement on suppressors has proved to me that for the Republican Party on a national level, no new restrictions is as "pro-gun" as they are willing to go. It's better than the Dems, but still mostly pure electioneering posturing.

At the state level, things are different, obviously.

On the main topic, Saudi Arabia is a disgusting, backwards monarchy that only got rid of open air slave markets in the 1970s that has polluted American democracy with undue monetary influence on our political class going back many decades. They are the main breeder of Wahabi murderous Islam. We would be better off without them as an "ally."

Israel has nukes and isn't in any extential crisis. We have no real interests in the region anymore, besides making sure we have a justification to keep up an insane level of military expenditures forever. At least Trump was 100% honest about why we give the slightest fuck--profits for the big boys!

Good to see Pat Roberts has basically admitted his true god is Mammon, as well.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by CG12 View Post
    I get a big kick out of this, please continue to whine about your president. My favorite part is when you pretend that anyone takes issue with his accurate characterization of the lugenpresse, or when you insinuate that you teach your children to look up to politicians. Don't worry, Mueller will drop the hammer any day now and then everyone will know about the kompromat and the emoluments violations. You will be vindicated.
    hey I hate backseat moderators but please allow me to backseat moderate for a second and suggest that using Nazi slang be a bannable offense

(emphasis in quoted post is mine)
    Last edited by perlslacker; 10-22-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    hey I hate backseat moderators but please allow me to backseat moderate for a second and suggest that using Nazi slang be a bannable offense

(emphasis in quoted post is mine)
    Ignoring the fact that the term was popularized by Catholics in the mid 19th century, may I suggest that your feeble call for censorship is pathetic?

Last edited by JHC; 10-23-2018 at 06:19 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by CG12 View Post
    Ignoring the fact that the term was popularized by Catholics in the mid 19th century, may I suggest that your feeble call for censorship is pathetic?
    From The Economist, a traditionally conservative news magazine known for quality reporting:

Lügenpresse has a long and ugly history in Germany. It was first used after the failed revolutions of 1848, mainly in Catholic polemics against the liberal press. From the start it implied that the media were controlled by Freemasons or Jews.
    In the interwar years the term was used both by communists against the “bourgeois Lügenpresse” and by the Nazis against—no surprise—the allegedly Jewish and Bolshevik media
    In the reunited Germany the term made a comeback among neo-Nazi and right-wing groups. Since 2014 it has been a favourite chant at demonstrations by PEGIDA, a xenophobic movement that is centred on the eastern city of Dresden. Some mobs have become physically aggressive against journalists—39 such attacks were counted last year.
    You're in great company there, fella.
    Last edited by perlslacker; 10-23-2018 at 07:00 AM.

User Tag List