Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: So, A Man Goes into a Saudi Consulate and...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's his EDC bone saw. C'mon now.
    That, and four hundred ninety seven and a half feet of rope.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    The Saudis are our scumbags if we see the Middle East as a fight with Iran. Lest we forget some of our scumbags like to fly planes into buildings. Also, a major funding and people source for Isis. Spreading a religion of hate across the world.

The Orange Overlord is just following in a tradition of kowtowing to the Saudis that started around WWII for their oil. Show me a Republican or Democratic president who didn't kiss their derrick.

They need us to keep Iran out of their business. We want their oil and funding for hotels.

It is just crass, money driven geopolitics of despicable people.

Last, given your tribe you will believe someone's BS and excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Among the three scumbags Saudi Arabia is OUR scumbag.

Plus Erdogan is a piece of shit.
    I’d feel a whole lot better if none of these scumbags were in NATO...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

They're strategically extremely useful.

At least, their region is. The Saudis themselves are subhuman pieces of shit just like 90%+ of the leadership in that region. The minor bonus is while they're wildly rich, they're also just as wildly incompetent as their neighbors at running nations and fighting wars.
    Last edited by Peally; 10-20-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    That is my understanding of the timeline. A cleaning team of 12-15 guys with a mixture of skills sets including a forensic pathologist arrived ahead of Khashoggi. They were on camera bringing serveral large cases into the consulate. They also purchased the bone saw in Turkey before meeting with Khashoggi. The most unbelievable part is that the Saudis “lost” the body.

This just goes to show that Democrats are not the only ones who do not understand what “credible” means.

Maybe they "like beer"...and took turns holding each others. Seems as plausible an explanation as anything else given recent events.

/s
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    So why is Trump stalling and covering for them again?
    Money. That’s why he’s helping Crown Prince Mohammed Bone Saw cover this up.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Among the three scumbags Saudi Arabia is OUR scumbag.

Plus Erdogan is a piece of shit.
    There is a problem with the reality or perception of impropriety/Kompromat, blatently ignoring the Emoluments Clause (designed to mitigate foreign influence on the presidency), rolling over for Russia/Putin in general, publicly at Helsinki, nerve poisoning of Skripal in the UK, looking the other way on the Saudi murder of a US-employed reporter because x/y/z, etc.

There is a problem with this as POTUS, enabling and emboldening other nation states to murder with impunity. There is a problem when we, as US citizens, CHOOSE to ignore these things for whatever reason (Trump is ‘our guy’), Khashoggi is not ‘our guy’. Skripal who?

The problem is that this is a slippery slope where ANYTHING can be justified and where we have lost our ethical and moral way.

Shame on us all.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Why is this an issue? Reporters getting sadistically murdered is just another Tuesday in Mexico, but we don’t see international outrage about that . Further , one does not criticize the Saudi regime as this guy did and then hang out in the same country’s embassy. This guy pulled an international equivalent of standing in front of a speeding train and daring it to stop. As such, I’ll be playing my quantum sized violin for this narcissistic jagoffs departure.

Trump really shouldn’t have even dignified this mess with a public answer.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

1) We will no longer need their oil if bring our full energy production capacity to bear. Perhaps it’s time to stop proping up fanatical theocracies? Let them reform or starve...all of them.
    I seem to recall a news story a few weeks ago that the US is now the world's leading petroleum producer....

pat

GL, I share your dim view of many things...both foreign and domestic, currently in play. It will be interesting to see what the coming mid-term elections and 2020 bring. (Though there's not much chance of the Dems winning me over unless they have a radical rethink of their agenda...which is more than pretty unlikely.)

I'm just hoping there's no striped pajamas and yellow stars anytime in the future or you'll be seeing me alongside you on the barricades.
    (I've been hoarding ammo.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List