Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The exercise study...

Site Supporter
    I quit smoking almost 15 years ago when I actually felt it impacting my working out and running.

However I refuse to quit snarking.
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Damn, I wish I a cigar but ain't 80 yet. Sensei said I could both smoke and drink when I reach 90. I read in a hippy magazine about hash oil suppositories. Hell, I might sit down on one of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Say it ain’t so: being sedentary is worse for you than snoking, etc...

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/19/h...ing/index.html

Once again, it appears that getting outside or to the gym will do much more for your long-term survival than worrying if your j-frame is chambered in .22mag or .38special. Who knew?
    #Deja Vu. #MulticamDialysisMachine #tacticalbeetus
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 10-21-2018 at 12:38 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Dr. Jim Stoppani has been saying for years that sitting is the new smoking. I know several old timers that smoked their whole lives and worked hard manual labor jobs and lived to be 80 something. I know very few people who live sedentary lives that are older than 60. I think the best plan is not to smoke or be fat and lazy. Cigars don't count though, those are baller af.

So a cardiologist observing cardiology patients...... We should be looking at the people that don’t end up in his office.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2707428

I agree with the basic premise of the study's results, not that i needed a study for that, I think this study is drawing rather far reaching conclusions from it's test group. In next week news exercise will be bad for you.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I just do whatever fitness guru Keith Richards recommends...

Last edited by blues; 10-21-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I keep thinking of one of the fathers of the running craze who died of a heart attack running and that dude that ate pine trees dying too.
    I am considering retiring completely at 60 (58 now - GAARNG "M-day" retirement with Tricare kicks in at 60).

My boss keeps saying I will live to be 100 and keep working - my 94 year old dad is in assisted living with memory issues, I see what living to 100 looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I keep thinking of one of the fathers of the running craze who died of a heart attack running and that dude that ate pine trees dying too.
    Most of the people I know that have had open heart surgery are skinny fitness nuts who run every day.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just do whatever training guru Keith Richards recommends...

Instead of arguing calibers we'll be debating whether to tune the Telecaster to open G or open E...
    But it will be a Telecaster, that part is beyond debate.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am considering retiring completely at 60 (58 now - GAARNG "M-day" retirement with Tricare kicks in at 60).

My boss keeps saying I will live to be 100 and keep working - my 94 year old dad is in assisted living with memory issues, I see what living to 100 looks like.
    I'm guessing that you're referring to Jim Fixx and Euell Gibbons?

Yeah...it's not getting old that matters. It's how you get old and what you're still able to do.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List