Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The exercise study...

The exercise study...

Say it ain’t so: being sedentary is worse for you than snoking, etc...

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/19/h...ing/index.html

Once again, it appears that getting outside or to the gym will do much more for your long-term survival than worrying if your j-frame is chambered in .22mag or .38special. Who knew?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

That's dire.

Yeah, I gave up snoking a long time ago. That shit will flat out kill ya.

Snarking, however, will add years to your life.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So the guy at my work who walks outside to smoke every hour is gonna live forever,and the rest of watching from our desks are doomed [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Once again, it appears that getting outside or to the gym will do much more for your long-term survival than worrying if your j-frame is chambered in .22mag or .38special. Who knew?
    Oh, so you're gonna start *that* argument (fitness vs gear), eh?

Chris

I agree with this study. I’m going to walk over to the cabinet and pour myself a bourbon. Gotta get my steps in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Yeah, thinking about that was one of the things that kinda gave me a kick start to drop a lot of my weight. Given my family history looks like a genetic minefield (diabetes, cancer, heart disease, etc.), that I'd like to be around long enough and able to walk my daughter down the aisle and dance with her. A Roland Special or Mk 18 won't do a damn thing for me if my ass gets winded walking to the car.

That said, I'll certainly feel way less guilty about that bourbon, rum, or tequila and cigar at the end of the day after getting 2-3 miles in that morning.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Snarking, however, will add years to your life.
    Or add life to your years.

For what it’s worth, I’m on the "David Lee Roth plan." Party your ass off, drink a metric shit ton, and work out like a fiend to balance the strain. Works for me. So far. Until I keel over for good.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List