Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Glock OEM 4.5 minus connector a reasonable change-out on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Polish and angle change which reduces the trigger pull weight by several ounces and smooths it out slightly.
    Any reason to think it is less reliable than the pure OEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Any reason to think it is less reliable than the pure OEM?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    One more question actually, will a gen 4 work in a gen 5?
    As noted above, it does. Funny thing about it that I personally don't like it in Gen5. Even funnier thing is that @GJM came to this conclusion too, independently. This is, obviously, a very personal thing but to me it feels as too long and too rough of a roll. I also don't like Taran Tactical connector, which I consider a closest to OEM "-" aftermarket connector, in Gen5. I like both of them in Gen3 and Gen4 guns though.
    I use Ghost for my gaming Gen5 and it feels like a very long roll but much smoother. For carry, I think that the OEM dot connector really gives a nice feel and break, and if I needed a lighter pull, I'd just use a 5 lbs striker spring.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I have OEM minus connectors in my Gen4s (and my sole Gen2, a 21) and prefer them in those guns to an unmarked or aa dot. However, I’ve found my two Gen5s (a 26 and a 45) are perfect as is with the connector they shipped with - I tried a minus in the 26 and dropped it like a hot rock.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List