Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Glock OEM 4.5 minus connector a reasonable change-out on its own?

Is the Glock OEM 4.5 minus connector a reasonable change-out on its own?

The glock OEM 4.5 minus connector, generally a useful switch all on its own or does it need to be combined with spring changes to really see a (modest) benefit? If only the connector is changed, are there any issues with reliability? I assume not as it is an OEM part, but I didn't see this question directly answered anywhere.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 10-20-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Simple switch, and works on its own. I have precisely one Glock (out of many many in the safe) with a "-" connector - a commercial G34. The trigger is "nicer" than a stock gun, but not so much so that I'm eager to put "-" connectors in my other, non-gamer, Glocks.

All of my serious 2-4 Gen Glocks have factory “-“ connectors and stock springs. No reliability issues at all and simple to change back if you don’t care for the trigger. I’m somewhat of a trigger snob so I like them. I know, Glock and trigger snob doesn’t even belong in the same post....

Good, thanks guys. That's what I needed.

One more question actually, will a gen 4 work in a gen 5?

There is only one minus connector and it will work in the gen5 pistols. I run them in several of mine.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    All of my serious 2-4 Gen Glocks have factory “-“ connectors and stock springs. No reliability issues at all and simple to change back if you don’t care for the trigger. I’m somewhat of a trigger snob so I like them. I know, Glock and trigger snob doesn’t even belong in the same post....
    Same here. I've played that game, chasing a "better" trigger and all I had to show for it was reset issues and light strikes. All my Glocks have minus connectors and stock weight everything else.(And Suarez triggers but that doesn't change the weight.) .

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    The glock OEM 4.5 minus connector, generally a useful switch all on its own or does it need to be combined with spring changes to really see a (modest) benefit? If only the connector is changed, are there any issues with reliability? I assume not as it is an OEM part, but I didn't see this question directly answered anywhere.

Thanks.
    If your Glock has a dot connector a minus connector will lower the trigger pull weight approximately 8oz.
    If it is an older model with an unmarked connector a minus connector will lower the trigger pull weight approximately 16oz.
    The standard minus connector will work in all but the G42/G43 Glocks. They have their own version of a minus connector.

What does Vanek do with their modified version of the OEM connector, the "Custom Tuned 4.5 Glock Connector"?
    This 4.5 (previously named 3.5) OEM Minus Glock connector has been tuned for a light, crisp break and reset. All the factory stampings have been removed and polished for a smoother trigger pull over the stock part. This factory Glock connector can be used for GSSF events. Fits all Glock models except G42, G43.
    I have seen some comments that it removes some of the "mushiness" you can get from the factory 4.5 "-". Is there any good feedback on the Vanek product? Or are the claims not supported by the reality?
    Is it close enough to OEM to retain OEM reliability or is there a history of intermittent problems with their mods to the OEM product?
    Last edited by Speederlander; 10-20-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    What does Vanek do with their modified version of the OEM connector, the "Custom Tuned 4.5 Glock Connector"?

I have seen some comments that it removes some of the "mushiness" you can get from the factory 4.5 "-". Is there any good feedback on the Vanek product? Or are the claims not supported by the reality?
    Is it close enough to OEM to retain OEM reliability or is there a history of intermittent problems with their mods to the OEM product?
    Polish and angle change which reduces the trigger pull weight by several ounces and smooths it out slightly.

User Tag List