Thread: CO Attorney General Candidate Phil Weiser

CO Attorney General Candidate Phil Weiser

Phil Weiser
    @pweiser

Our next #COAG needs to lead on #gunsafety. The courts just rejected a challenge to our state's common sense gun law. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/1...eals-lcm-bans/ We need an AG who will defend and enforce that law. I will do so proudly, working with @MomsDemand, @COCeasefire, and others.

2:16 PM - 19 Oct 2018
    source: https://twitter.com/pweiser/status/1053379276601352192

I'm probably pretty ignorant about what the Attorney General actually does. I thought it was the AG's job to enforce the laws and, if necessary, defend legal challenges to said laws. That's all well and good -- even if I don't like the law, such as Colorado's magazine ban.

But it's quite another thing to say that, as Attorney General, one will proudly work with special interest lobby groups who have no role in enforcing the law.
    Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    It seems that good old Phil is searching for a drum to beat so that those women with nothing else to do will cast mindless votes for him. The law in question has already been passed and will be enforced anyway regardless of who holds the state AG office. Geeze.

He has virtually no courtroom experience. Basically no qualifications except a law degree and willingness to help Polis (if elected Governor) turn Colorado in to California East. The Republican candidate has extensive experience in the courtroom on both defense and prosecution and military service.

I expect Polis to win Governor but don't see the people of Colorado to be dumb enough to put this guy in as AG. I may be wrong though.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List