Thread: Week 291: Warren Advanced 3-Second Standards

Week 291: Warren Advanced 3-Second Standards

Week 291: Warren Advanced 3-Second Standards

Results may be posted until November 19th, 2018.

Designed by: Scott Warren
    Range: Varies, see description below
    Target: Three IDPA or USPSA Metric targets, spaced two feet apart shoulder to shoulder
    Start Position: Holstered, except on WHO strings, see description below
    Rounds Fired: 63

Use a shot timer set with a 3-second par for each string. Extra/make-up shots are not allowed. Shots anywhere in the entire head (A/B zones) count as hits. Overtime shots count as misses.

A. At the start signal, shoot one shot to the head of each target, from left to right.
    B. At the start signal, shoot one shot to the head of each target, from right to left.
    C. At the start signal, shoot one shot to the head of each target, starting on the center target, then engaging the left and right targets in any order.

Do parts A, B, and C from:

5 yard line, freestyle

7 yard line, freestyle

10 yard line, freestyle

15 yard line, freestyle

5 yard line, SHO

5 yard line, WHO, starting in a ready position

Variable distance, shooting while moving. Do part A while advancing from the 10 to the 5 yard line. Do part B while retreating from the 5 to the 10 yard line. Do part C while advancing from the 10 to the 5 yard line.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used)
    Targets used
    Total score out of the possible 63 points
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

One question.

This "Variable distance, shooting while moving." Is that variation of the DoW or the whole thing is shot with that A, B, and C protocol?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    One question.

This "Variable distance, shooting while moving." Is that variation of the DoW or the whole thing is shot with that A, B, and C protocol?
    On just that last three-part string (all of them are three parts - A, B, and C), shoot part A while advancing from the 10 to the 5 yard line, part B while retreating from the 5 to the 10 yard line, and part C while advancing again from the 10 to the 5 yard line. All the previous distances/strings are part A/B/C static.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    One question.

http://pistol-training.com/drills/wa...cond-standards

I find Todd's description a helpful reference when i run it. Clear and concise descriptions of the strings etc...
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

m&p 2.0c from under a fleece in a Dark Star Gear Orion
    uspsa target

Total Score - 40

5 yards - 7/9

7 yards - 9/9

10 yards - 4/9

15 yards - 4/9

SHO - 5/9

WHO - 6/9

Moving - 5/9

Pretty happy with the 7 and who strings. Disappointed in the 10 & 15 yard strings. My goal is always to get at least 6 points per string, meaning shooting the first two targets clean. I set this as a goal as I generally am over time on the 3rd string on the 10 yard strings and beyond by the time I get the 3rd round fired. I am about 50/50 when pushing speed on having clean over time shots vs a miss. Shooting the first two clean each string would give you a 42 which I didn't make but would be a solid run. I let the par get to me and end up shanking a shot or two each string before the 3rd target which drops my score. Patience is something I need to work on and I'd much rather have an over time clean run than a miss under par.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Gen5 G17 concealed under a polo shirt in a Keeper

USPSA Metric targets

62/63

That's the best I've done on this drill, though I haven't shot it in a long time. The one dropped shot was at 10 yards.

[img]20181025_113748 by OrigamiAK, on Flickr[/img]
    Lord of the Food Court

User Tag List