Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 rounds of .38 or 7 rounds of 22 mag?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What are you having done to the 642? Do you have a 43c?
    I am getting the dead tritium removed from the front sight and converting to gold bead, installing a Power Custom thumb piece and adding an APEX kit since my original specs were for factory weight springs.

I haven’t been able to swing the 43c yet. My paramedic renewal is looming and the CEU’s required take priority.
    Last edited by Hizzie; 10-22-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I really wanted to hate the fugly cheapass LCP. But it shoots well in my hands and is so thin and small...
    This is going to sound like a silly question, but given that it’s a super cheap and mass produced tiny semi-auto that goes in a front pocket, how does it handle pocket lint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 rounds of .38 or 7 rounds of 22 mag?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    This is going to sound like a silly question, but given that it’s a super cheap and mass produced tiny semi-auto that goes in a front pocket, how does it handle pocket lint?

Can’t answer that. I had a bad situation made worse by pocket lint in an OC spray. Short story is lint made the spray not work when I was engaged with two German Shepards trying to kill my dog, and their drunk owner screaming at me.

Now I don’t let lint accumulate in any defense device.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-22-2018 at 04:43 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Can’t answer that. I had a bad situation made worse by pocket lint in an OC spray. Short story is lint made the spray not work when I was engaged with two German Shepards trying to kill my dog, and their drunk owner screaming at me.

Now I don’t let lint accumulate in any defense device.
    How often do you find yourself cleaning the LCP?

How often do you find yourself cleaning the LCP?
    Dunno. Maybe once a month or two I blow the lint out of the hammer area?

I do not carry it that often.

Dunno. Maybe once a month or two I blow the lint out of the hammer area?

I do not carry it that often.
    Fair enough. The reason why I ask is that, at least for MY use case, I would actually be carrying it daily in a front pocket. As in, legitimately 5-7 days a week.

From others that I’ve talked to, that kind of frequent pocket carry is why a J-frame works so well. Not that it doesn’t need to be cleaned, but it seems to stand up to neglect a skosh better in that regard.

Still, at the LCP’s price, it’s tempting to scoop one up and start putting it through it’s paces.

If lint is a concern, I recommend doing an experiment. Cram lint between the hammer and FP and see if it fires. I may try this when I get some extra time.

I think the LCP is going to be pretty robust. The hammer strikes hard.

Site Supporter

Definitely not a silly question. The hammer area of a P-32 or P3AT is a lint magnet. Hi f I am carrying one daily, I will remove the lint about every couple of weeks. If I am going somewhere that will require use of something tiny as a primary, I try to remove lint the night before going. I do not know how much lint would be required to cause a problem, and do not wish to find out at the wrong time.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    As an aside, the folks I see as advocating for the .22 Js as an option: Claude, Caleb, John J, and Hizzie, if I’m reading this all correctly, all have a shit ton of rounds downtange. I’m pretty sure that I wouldn’t want any of them shooting at me with anything. Point being, if for some reason I felt it physically prudent to carry a rimfire, I’d also take advantage of the economic reality, and run as many thousands of rounds in practice as I could. This is, in fact, my plan save for the fact that I’ll be AIWBing something with a bigger hole in the end to and from the range sessions.
    SGM John McPhee said somewhere on social media, that he'd shoot a .22 if ignition was reliable, since what really matters at handgun range, is hitting the head or spine.

Site Supporter

In my sample of two, the Gen 1 LCP holds up quite well to abuse and being dirty. Plus I shoot it really well for what it is.

User Tag List