Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 27

The Glock 27 is the only gun I’ve ever fired that I hated. A few years ago I put one magazine through a G27 one of my coworkers owned. It felt like someone was smacking my hand with a baseball bat and my strong hand was tingly, as if it had been asleep, when I finished. I politely handed the gun back to my coworker and told him I was glad it worked for him. I had a better time putting full power .357 loads through a Riter LCR.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

When I returned to pistol shooting after a 20 year break, my first purchase was a Glock 23. I never warmed up to that gun, mainly due to the caliber. After moving onto the 9mm Glocks, I've never had a desire to go back to .40 S&W, especially in subcompact variant.

I can see the value of a G27 for somebody required by policy to use .40 S&W, but it's not for me.

A Gen 3 27 is my EDC .. Stoked with 180gr HST ...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In my experience G27s are popular with people who are required to carry .40 or carry guns more than they shoot them, or both. The 27 works well but shooting the G27 or even the G23 at speed is challenging for even the best shooters.

For many years my agency was “.40 cal only” and despite several attempts I never warmed up to the G27 as an off duty or back up gun.
    This. I had a G27 for a few years because it was the only authorized BUG at my former agency. I literally traded it to a fellow officer for his G26 in the parking lot after my retirement party.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I carried one for a long time, either a 9 round mag with a Gap/GeePlate type basepad, or sometimes with a 13 round mag and a extender.

I was shooting a LOT of 9mm. From time to time I'd break out the G27 to make sure I could still shoot the awesomely powerful .40S&W in a subcompact or compact package. Meh, it just seemed like the slide cycled faster that the Glock 26, recoil wasn't anything all that noteworthy.

I wasn't putting it seriously to the speed/accuracy test like I am going right now with a CZ P-07 vs. G19, but I didn't have any great concern about being able to shoot it plausibly well.

A while back I got out of .40, still have a G26 that I don't carry and a few G19's. I wouldn't get rid of a G27 for no reason.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List